cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Re: BT IP Stream Home/Office 1000 or IP Stream Max

Go to solution

Hi Robbiemac

I saw you took an interest in a user  having exactly the problems we are having. Since moving down the road on the same exchange and number..we have had almost unuseable broadband. BT Tech staff had not been able to help so I went to the exchange yesterdaywhere 3 Openreach engineers were working. I asked why our newly installed  line is so bad when we live only 50 metres from the exchange. (When this was installed the engineer told me the local loop was only 211 metres.) One of the engineers who was plugged into the cabinet helpfully offered a quick check and noted the line only had , I think, 5nF capacitance and was the best line in the exchange, which previously managed to give us about 6 meg , 1.5 km from the exchange He then told me that our profile had been set to Home/Office 1000 when we moved so we were limited to 1.1meg

I then spent  over 3 hours online chat and calls to various BT advisors who passed me round like a hot potato. Nobody seemed to even be able to understand, never mind help. I was variously told that we were on unlimited broadband extra and that was that, or that we could not expect more from our copper connection, and that we were probably too far from the exchange (?!), we were getting the guaranteed 520k speed so basically go away,etc etc. In the end an operator booked an ehgineer visit to get rid of me even though I don't want one since the line has been tested to death and is good.  

I really don.t know where to go next to gat us put back to IP Stream Max and a useable service..since we have poor mobile signal here I have  Vodafone sure signal and when this does not work I have real problems on top of internet access so I am getting rather desperate. 

Can you assist me? If so I will send details 

Cheers  Andrew Gordon

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Go to solution
Start your own thread 🙂
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Webby 

Posted that in middle of night after it all kept me awake..brain not too nimble. How and why do I start a new thread...do I have to type all that stuff again

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@andrewedwardgordon Don't worry I've started your own thread. We can help you get this sorted, please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Openreach engineers identify broadband problem..4 hour call centre nightmare ensues

Go to solution

We have slow download, buffering, and interuption of service 10-12 times daily since moving house. After fruitless hours with call centres our line has been tested to death..it is "amazingly good"and only 211 metres on the local loop...can easily take

over 8Mbyte download speed.

Openreach engineers  have now personallytold us the problem is that as the local loop is not unbundled , all broadband is through BT Wholesale, who have wrongly set our IP profille to Home/ Officw 1000 instead of IP Stream max, so limting us to 1.1 meg which keeps dropping out. Since the connection is doing what its been told to do, BT staff cannot see the problem on their systems and I can't get anyone to contact the broadband supplier and sort it..would take 5 minutes but its not on their scripts. Openreach guys couldn't do it as they did not have the right job sheet...... How do we go about it?

Spoiler

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Re: Openreach engineers identify broadband problem..4 hour call centre nightmare ensues

Go to solution
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 10

Re: Openreach engineers identify broadband problem..4 hour call centre nightmare ensues

Go to solution

Hi @andrewedwardgordon and thanks for posting.

I'm sure we'll be able to help with this. Please send over your details using the contact link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @andrewedwardgordon Thanks for your patience and I have now got the errors on the account fixed and placed the order to change your profile to ADSL Max. This should complete within 24hrs. 

Please check your connection and see if it changes and post back to let me know.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @andrewedwardgordon I called earlier to check how the connection is sorry I missed you. I've checked and you are now on the Max product. Post back and let us know if all is ok or not now.

Cheers

John

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi JohnC

I was away all week so could not check till now. Yesterday Speedtest showed 3.1MB/s with the Vodafone Secure signal still running which was a 6-fold improvement on the last attempt. Today I just got 6.95MB/s which is entirely acceptable to non gaming fanatics.. I can also now use the mobile while another deviice is being used.  Finally we have proper broadband

While I am entirely happy with the quality of your intervention and the successful conclusion, I am a littlle put out that I finally had to actually knock on the door of the exchange for the Openreach engineersto get to the root of my problems after getting all sorts of spurious responses online and over the phone. In all I spent more than a whole day's effort dealing with this and we had annoyance and unacceptable service for months.   I feel some rebate of recent bills or credit against upcoming accounts would be in order.

Thank you       Andrew Gordon

0 Ratings