cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel63
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: BT Infinity 1 - slow evening speeds

I have the same issue. 52 mb in the morning dropping through the day to 5mb between 7pm and 11pm. Sky with their standard broadband gave me a consistent 15mb. I have had three advisors, one did nothing, one said to separate the SSID which made no difference and the third one would not allow me to get a word in and arranged an engineer to come round. Why I don't know. It always appears to me to be a congestion issue which an engineer would not be able to solve surely. I then got an email which says they are looking at it and will resolve it by..... they actually left the date empty. I was to get confirmation of the engineer by SMS. I await this. Seriously thinking of leaving and contacting OFCOM.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pippincp
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

@Nigel63best thing to do is start your own thread and post the same information the OP has here.

The mods can then look into it for you.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

@Nigel63

Welcome to this user forum.

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators.

Please can you please provide http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/  results for different times of the day, including the further diagnostics page? The last test needs to be done at peak times so the results are stored on the BT server.

These must be done using a computer connected to the home hub, using an Ethernet cable.

Which exchange are you connected to?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Nigel63 and welcome.

I'm sorry for any confusion with this. Can you confirm which exchange you're on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings