Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: BT Infinity 2 and high ping rate

Go to solution

I have infinty 2,second month in and was told I should expect 55mg up and around 16mg down.

Never acheived  50% of either speed,and also suffering from high pings.

Got infinity2 mainly for gaming, and I have to say my old adsl bt connection although much slower was of a better quality. pinging in bf3/4 less than 16 on uk servers,now on uk servers looking at minimum 36,regularly much higher.

Youtube streaming also hit and miss in hd sometimes.

Running high end gaming pc.

So should I be getting the 55mb,or is 50% of this accepatable.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

I have a home hub five and have a problem which may be the cuase of all your inconsistent ping / jitter download speeds.

I have a motherboard with Atheros L1 built in gigabit ethernet. If I connect through a Netgear Gigabit switch (between the ethernet port on MB and the Home Hub router, I get extremely consistent pings of 25ms, jitter of 0 or 1 ms and download speeds of 47mbps (which is waht I expect)

However, f I connect from the motherboard direct to the HH5, I loose between 15 - 30 packets in every 250, jitter is over 110ms and download speeds vary hugely everytime I test.

I have put it down to the fact that the HH5 does not like the Atheros chipset on my motherboard and putting the Netgear switch between the two fixes the problem. Therefore it could well be hardware compatability issues with the Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

N4uTiLuS  

Are you using a wired or wireless conectionalso are you  checking your speed using the BT speedtest  http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Wired connection between PC and hub.

Connection to my motherboard or network card makes no difference.

And yes I use the bt speed check, and speedtest.net..roughly gives me the same.

Amazingly today I have another 10mb so at 30mb ish and ping is lower, maybe something to do with engineer coming on Thursday.

Still getting daily dropouts and freezes.... certain something isn't quite right...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just an update now the engineer has been,and what a very knowledgable guy he was. My initial installation was done all wrong(not by an actual BT engineer, but sub contracted),and the BT engineer this morning fixed everything.

I am now getting more up/down speed than my initial estimate,my ping is incredibly low. so very pleased to have made the enquiry.

Game onSmiley Happy

0 Ratings