cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Re: BT Infinity Leadtime.

I sympathise with you, I was a BT Total Broadband customer and in Sept 2012 (yes 2012) I called in to customer "don't care" to upgrade to BT Infinity 2 to make better use of the faster upstream and Downstream speeds. It was a simple Bus to Res change over, What happend ovet the past 2 years is almost impossible to comprehend with the level of incompetence and dissary this company is in. Some weeks after order, I had an installation date which came and went without any activity. I called the "who cares about the customer dept" in Indian and they promised me an new date, that came and went, no activity. I then had a suprose when they actuall called me and told me they are having issues with thire records and will be in touch. So I waited !!!

I checked my bank statement on the off chance and saw that BT are taking 2 direct debits each month, now initially I just assumed one was for the telephone and the other was for the broadband, but it soon dawned on me that they where actuall billing me for BT Total Broandband and  BT Infinity 2 at the same time whereas I only have a single pair and 1 Tel Number at my home. The past two years I have been fighting with them , one to complete the installation and two to get back the money they illegally took from me. You know they cannot even tell me what service I had- One of the conditions I calrified with this shower was to keep my @btconnect email when I transfered to BT infinity. Of course they said !!, Lying bunch. They ceased something 4 weeks ago and I lost my e mail which is a very painful experience . In this Sept alone 2014 I have already had 2 failled installs, the latest one was today when the engineers turned up he told me he has no access to the exchange and cannot cease the current service and re provison the new- I had a similar engeineer use the same excuse only 3/4 weeks ago- They have no clue and no process, I have written to patterson (CEO BT group) but just radio silence - so 2 years this saga has been ongoing and beleive me I haven't even touched on the whole debacle that is BT - The Call center staff are arrogant, rude and ill trained , If the script they are reading from doesn't fit the nature of the call, they "accidently" drop the call so you have to go throught the painful, jurassic process again , no ownership or customer care. So my advice is to drop the whole BT thing while you can unless you want to wait 2 years- The only reason I cannot just cancel is that they owe me money (and yes they agreed right doewn to the penny) but getting if from them is like extrating blood from a stone - Try Virgin Media or any other porvider that does not use BT LLU service if you want a better quality of life moving forward- Good luck

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Infinity Leadtime.

Hi dkm2103,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum, I've moved your post to start your own thread to avoid confusion.

I'm really sorry about the problems encountered after moving your service from business to residential it's clear from your post that this has not been handled well at all. If you use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings