cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skippylad
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT Scam?

Ok,  so notwithstanding the scam call, a real BT rep rang me back and said that an engineer had been booked to visit to resolve my broadband issue on Friday between 9 and 1pm and I needed to be at home so of course I took the morning off.  At 12pm I had heard nothing so I used the chat function to ask if they could check what time he would visit.  I was told he was on his way and when I asked if he was definitely coming the online rep 'guaranteed' that he would be here by 1pm.  At 2pm there was still no show so when I eventually managed to to get through to someone on the phone they told me that he had been but didn't need to come to the house.  When I pointed out that the fault had not been fixed and I had seen no sight of an openreach van they put me through to a manager who then went on to tell me that the engineer had been cancelled by wholesale (whoever they are) and that it wasn't BTs fault.  I then called openreach who told me that it was a BT issue.  I then called the call centre again to find out what exactly was going on and they said the fault had a target resolution date of 8 Jun (3 weeks after I reported it) but could not tell me what the next course of action would be.  Is there anyone other than the call centre that can give me an accurate picture of what exactly BT is doing to resolve my issue?  The call centre does not seem to have a clue and keeps giving me conflicting information.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Skippylad
Beginner
Message 2 of 8

The farce continues....I had a message this morning from an engineer saying he had been to the exchange and found no fault and was ringing to ask if the problem had been resolved....which it hasn't.....but unfortunateIy he didn't leave his number.  I tried to call the helpline but yet again they were busy so I resorted to chat to ask how do I contact the engineer and answer his question.  All I got was an acknowledgment that a fault had been reported and told not to worry.  My concern is if the engineer thinks it has been cleared then I will have to go through all this rigmarole again!  Is there anyway to cut out the call centre and speak directly to the engineers who may be able to explain exactly what is going on, what they have done so far and what they intend to do next as the call centre seems completely incapable of doing this.  

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

The engineers work for Openreach and not BT ISP. The only way you would get the engineer's number would be if he left it with you or it was available through 1471.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Skippylad,

Thanks for posting. I moved your posts to the broadband board so we can get you some help with this. Can you give some more details on the nature of the problem? Is the connection dropping or slow? Is it a wired or wireless issue? Is it fibre or normal ADSL broadband? Give us as much information as possible and I'm sure we can help you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I would also expect if you were able to phone engineer direct then he probably would not answer otherwise he would be foreverr getting calls from customers who he had visited who now had another problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
najcastelll
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Could it be your broadband box. I had a fault recently and it was due to hub being hit by lightning due to recent thunderstorms. After engineer called I wad advised to phone bt for a replacement but they told me I was out of contract so had to sign up to new deal before I could get a replace hub. I've purchased one in currys instead as moving to another provider due to poor customer service from bt
0 Ratings
abigis4
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Interesting to note that you have chosen to leave BT due to poor customer service. Can I ask who you have moved to please as I will be doing the same.

Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

the discussion of other providers is not allowed under forum rules
0 Ratings