cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

Ive had the HH6 since July,connected to ipads,iphones and a mac air all via 5Ghz.

But all the devices no longer connect to 5Ghz and ive had to drop down to2.4Ghz.

Ive tried re-connecting to 5Ghz but nothing connects to it.

Any solutions ?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 8

If factory reset doesn't fix it best to get a proper router.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi, I am also experiencing the same issues, I have reset, rebooted, factory reset to no avail, it would appear to me that the 5ghz wifi was somehow "borked" by the firmware update. I can connect Ok on 2ghz but even though the 5ghz shows up in the Hub manager I am unable to connect. It does not register with my PC. I have not logged thai with BT yet because I may just swap back to my "old" Home Hub 5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Great they send out an update that disables the very thing that they advertise as it's best feature.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Looks like it's just us two then. I am going to try the "old" HH5 tomorrow. I have had reset this router too many times for my liking.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 8

The fact that the routers (hubs) can be manipulated remotely is one of the reasons I never use them.  Something to think about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Its the main reason I never use them. (Except temporarily at the moment for the first time ever!! Smiley Happy )

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 8

@licquorice

My condolences.

0 Ratings