Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT Smart Hub - Wi-Fi Issues

Go to solution

@gg30340writes:
> "The Smarthub only allows one of three channels because somebody has decided to do it that way."

Well that makes no sense as an engineering reason, as illustrated perfectly by Keith's example. Each user has a different RF situation in their locality, making BT's restriction entirely inappropriate and very myopic.  It has deliberately made the HH6 worse than its hardware capability allows.

Perhaps this needs to be fed back to BT developers. Someone made an erroneous engineering decision, and it should be corrected.

0 Ratings
TonyC1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution
I would except gladly fire and brimstone if the wifi would stay connected .lol.
Does anyone know if BT are working or thinking about a firmware update to correct these issues so many people are having.
0 Ratings
Pintu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

The claim by BT Support that overlapping channels cause Wifi dropouts is quite ridiculous anyhow. Yes, overlapping channel will cause interference which may interfere with range and speed. The issue that the smart hub has is that the 2.4 GHz radio is unstable. I had my Laptop and phone immediately next to the router and the 2.4 GHz wifi disappeared completely. As I said before, get a decent 3rd party router and you will be in a happier place.

0 Ratings