cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT Sport card activation problems

Im refusing to get back on the phone again I do not have that much timetime to give as I do work any news on anyones card working yet?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

update...

i've succesfully activated my TOP UP TV card on that link banana gave us earlier and it told me to reboot the vision+ box so i did as per instruction and now its telling me to wait an hour staying on the same channel so let the waiting begin..im not keeping my hopes up though..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 23

2 hours later and I still have the 'please wait while we activate your viewing card' message.

Absolutely pathetic.

I must have spent 10 hours on hold to BT this week.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 23

still havnt got that message on my screen it still says please insert the viewing card but the box recognizes the card when it is inserted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

I've got the same problem, been trying for days to view the channels! I'm on the older software, black box, followed instructions for the new viewing card and.. Nothing changes! I've tried reactivating the card but still no luck.
I've raised a support call here https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4953 but no news yet. Do we have to be on the new software for viewing cards to work? My card is a topup tv one (118....).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

welcome to the forums chicharito14 🙂

another one struggling with this activation malarchy! i did see something about an update to our software but i was wondering if we could possibly update it ourselfs?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 23

I am having exactly the same problem. I have rang BT 3 times and each time got cut off whilst being transferred to Technical Department. I eventually got through and although they did not admit they had sent the wrong card out they said they would send out a new card (as they originally sent me a top up tv card). That was 4 days ago and I am still waiting for the new card. I did get an email to say that my box would need upgrading and that would be done on 10th. So fingers crossed. Managed to get it online and on my tablet.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

I posted this message in answer to the Software Migration question - the solution could be the same to guys leaving messages here who can make a short cut and phone sales to make sure BT Sport was added to their existing viewing package otherwise they will get message not subscribed on 58 and 59 as I did . Here is a copy of my post:

Now have BTSport on TV and was worth waiing for. Ironically BT downloaded the software which was the New Look as I already had. On phone for 90 minutes - first to India who put me through to another department who diagnised the cause as being that BTSport had not been added to my BTVision package due to a clerical error, put me through to sales who updated the record and I was viewing on TV within circa 10 minues.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 23

My life is ebbing away waiting for a picture and speaking/waiting to speak to BT.

No chnage since my last posting.

Vision box recognises Viewing card.

72 hrs of open channel 58/59 and still no picture. Rebooted hub and vision box a number of times now.

Activated card on web site etc....

Web Site does not say what to do when you have all avenues and still no picture.

Also vision box upgrade promised in an email for the 10th, which may have done something, didn't take place either.....a complete fiasco ...BT should be ashamed.

Has anyone had an email about 'moving email adress' if you wish to contnue using BT email?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

right i got the vision box interface update now im getting the "please wait  while we activate your card - VSP112" ive already activated the card a number of times online but still its not activated? 😞 #KILLMENOW

0 Ratings