cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

Re: BT Sport card activation problems

My card was activated online after hours of messing around which is great, I followed the guide on BT.com which tells me to reboot my system then to tune into channel 58 or 59 and it states it can take up to an hour, I'm now still waiting 2 hours later, the screen on channel 58 tells me to activate card on channel 941, just going round in circles now!!!!!!!!! my card number barcode starts with 118 and the requested number on channel 941 starts with 119, Ive tried entering my card number its not recoqnized.

I'm getting fed up now! it was bad enough waiting for the card in the first place!

can anyone assist me on this matter?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Contributor
Message 2 of 23

same problem as me as i have a top up tv card and that starts with a 118.. have you got the top up tv card ranger?
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 23

I'm having the same issue.. I'm going to call them now and find out what's going on.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 23

I am going to have to call BT AGAIN which means a calling centre in Britian which was hopeless they put me through to India who was better, still got to wait for ages to get through.... here we go if i get an answer ill post on here.

Beginner
Message 5 of 23

I'm just off the phone with them.. They said that my system is running on the old version and is due to switch over tonight at 12. I'm sure the same goes for you too. The card should be working by tomorrow. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 23

After being kept on hold for a while, it would seem that some viewing cards are incompatable until your BT Vision Box has had an online service upgrade which for me is happening on the 10th Aug 13, fingers crossed it works then!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 23

Fingers crossed for, I have to wait a few days!
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

I lost the plot with them. They had me on hold for 30mins only to find out that they had put me through to the wrong dept. not very convenient when you've got two little ones running around. Hope yours gets sorted soon. I'll post tomorrow and let you know if mines is on.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 23

OK, so I've spent 3 days messing around trying to get my card to activate. Googling earlier produced the following link, which I thought was worth a try. And lo, BT Sport now being received. Interestingly, after I started receving the channel the box then spent ages flashing up a message that it was trying to activate the card, but when I switched channel and then back to BT Sport all seems to be working perfectly.

http://btcustomercardaction.mgtplc.com/vcenable/firstpage_input.action

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

BT really is a joke and we the customer fall for it every time ...why do we waste 6 hrs, and counting, of our time on this issue ..and in addition have our TV out of action for the family as we are advised to keep tuned in to channel 58/59.

BT Email said card was to be delivered days ago. When not  spent 35 mins before being able to speak to anyone ...to be told BT had grossly underestimated demand for V.Cards and they couldn't say when card would be delivered. Delivery Emails are apparently sent out by default when cards ordered ...even when they know the information they contain is incorrect.! They cannot stop them apparently! I suspect underestimation of demand is also behind the latest fiasco.

Card arrived today, 9th, and like Ranger35 have just gone round in circles. Card is recognised but still no picture on 58/59. BT web sites are as usual of no help .... not user friendly and seem to adress questions which are not asked. Have rebooted both hub and Vision box to no effect.

As if to rub salt in the wound I have received two messages from BT on other issues which seem to hold the customer in contempt :-

* The deletion of all recorded programmes on our Vision Boxes because of an upgrade to take place within days and,

* If we wish to continue using our BT email adresses we have to agree to 'having them moved' ... from where to where

is beyond my understanding!

Does BT really want customers... they certainly don't treat them as if they do.

0 Ratings