Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olihayes
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Re: BT Sport error IPC 6023

Hello

I am also having constant problems with BT Sport only. I am having to reset my router and Youview box about 5 times a day because I'm getting IPC6023 error and also YVM102. It's so frustrating. 

Please someone help or I'll have to cancel BT it is ridiculous. The only reason I have Bt internet is to get BT sport and I can't even watch it. All other channels work fine. 

Oliver 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
DavidM
Message 2 of 13

Hi @Olihayes and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the IPC 6023 error code. Can you post back and let me know how you're connecting? Is it via adaptors / extenders or directly to the hub via ethernet? Are you having any broadband connection issues? If you can give me as much detail as possible I'm sure I'll be able to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Olihayes
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Hi David, thank you for replying.
I am connecting via extenders that came with the router or BT youview box (I forget as the came in the same order). I cannot plug directly via Ethernet as the router is downstairs, and BT Sport/Youview is in an upstairs room. I have changed the extender to go directly into the plug socket, and also fixed the IP address via my router settings. This helped for a few days but back to constant error state and multiple resets each day.
I am having no issues whatsoever with my broadband in general (BT), and also when viewing the signal strength of normal TV channels, it states 100%.
If I can’t get this fixed I may have to cancel my HD subscription and move it to my sky q box downstairs, or worst comes to worst, cancel my whole membership as free to do so right now because of the price increase letter.
Kind regards
Oli
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Olihayes Thanks for posting back. The fault could be the extenders. Are you able to move the Youview box closer to the hub so that the connection can be tested via Ethernet to help eliminate them as the cause of the fault?

Also you check out 'IPC' error codes on YouView and you will get further advice. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Olihayes
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Hi John. I cannot do that, as the only other TV is downstairs and it’s conneted to sky dish, no aerial. I’ve checked all the IPC error codes on youview and tried everything. No joy
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Olihayes,

You should still be able to connect the BT Youview box to the TV downstairs without an aerial. You'll be able to connect to the BT Sports channels as they run over the Broadband. This would be the easiest way to rule out a problem with the powerline adaptors.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 13

@Olihayes wrote:

Hello

I am also having constant problems with BT Sport only. I am having to reset my router and Youview box about 5 times a day because I'm getting IPC6023 error and also YVM102. It's so frustrating. 

Please someone help or I'll have to cancel BT it is ridiculous. The only reason I have Bt internet is to get BT sport and I can't even watch it. All other channels work fine. 

Oliver 

And you have a BT HomeHub 5A by any chance? 

0 Ratings
Olihayes
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Yes I do have BT HomeHub 5A. Please help as losing patience
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 9 of 13

Hi @Olihayes

Thanks for posting back and for trying everything suggested.

Please send us over your details so that we can look into this for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 13

It sounds like your experience mirrors my own, I found a way to greatly improve the problem but it only went away when I upgraded to the smarthub.

Try logging on to your router and note the IP address of your box and the address of the DNS servers, log out of the router.

Go to network settings on your box and set the IP address to static using the address you noted from your router and set the DNS server address to those noted.

I have posted this several times over the last 3 years and I admit that it has met with a mixed response from others so no promises but it's worth a try

0 Ratings