cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 8

Re BT Vision and FFwd complaints thread

I have received the following. Now if it is accurate and true why haven't the mods told people this and why have I wasted my time defending what they have said. Disgruntled and confused and would like clarification as I now feel a complete **bleep**.

Stuart,

Find below my email conversation with Marc Watson. I suspect BT can't comment publically for legal reasons. What to do?

Apologies if I've been an **bleep** on the forum.

Keith

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 2:07 PM
To: marc.watson@bt.com
Subject: Re: Changes to the Fast Forward feature of BT Vision

Many thanks for the explanation. It is most unfortunate, especially as I don’t have/want Sky Sports. It would help close the discussion if you could get one of the (very helpful) moderators to give this explanation, or are you unable to disclose this publically?

Kind regards,

Keith

Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 2:00 PM
To: kstarsmeare08@btinternet.com
Subject: RE: Changes to the Fast Forward feature of BT Vision

Dear Keith,

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m very sorry that you’re unhappy that with the changes that we’ve made. I agree it’s a poorer experience. We made them reluctantly because BSkyB required these changes before they would allow us to offer our customers Sky Sports One and Sky Sports Two. Quite simply, it helps Sky protect their advertising revenue – and they are less focused on customer experience than we are. These channels are important to lots of our customers  (those enjoying the Ashes now for instance)  and so on balance we believed it was a trade worth making.

I very much hope we can keep your business, which we value very much. It’s worth pointing out that Talk Talk will be subject to the same provisions as us, so you won’t get a better experience by moving. You’ll also miss out on i-player which we’re rolling out between Xmas and March and which will be free for all. I hope you’ll stay!

Let me know if I can help you any further,

Kind regards,

Marc Watson

CEO

BT Vision

From: Keith Starsmeare [mailto:kstarsmeare08@btinternet.com]
Sent: 09 December 2010 09:40
To: Watson,M,Marc,MYP R
Subject: Changes to the Fast Forward feature of BT Vision

Marc,

Apologies for emailing directly, but I’ve gone through the complaints department and used the community forum to complain about the recent change of functionality to the PVR features of the vbox, but I keep being simply told that it can’t be fixed and that’s that. Well, I’m not buying it. I’ve been a Vision customer since January 2007, but this change (and the simultaneous changes to fast forward speed and jump back) have ruined my experience and I will be cancelling Vision and leaving BT to go to Talk Talk in the new year unless I either hear that this will be reverted to it’s better, original behaviour or I’m given a justifiable reason why this really annoying change is a requirement.

Kind regards,

Keith Starsmeare

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Re BT Vision and FFwd complaints thread

Obviously I cant answer your question, but I can understand how you feel now in the light of the above.

What I will say though is you weren't "defending" what they'd said; you were trying to explain the implications of what they'd said based on the explanation given to all customers (which turned out to be incomplete and at the same time untrue).

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 8

Have no idea why I have a bleep in my message in what possible universe is t w a t. Offensive

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 4 of 8

Hi Stuart

I'm really sorry about this... I totally understand your frustration with the situation.

I am in same position and will need to investigate this as the info I have been given differs to the info you have presented here.

Please bear with me while I escalate this and get some answers...

Sorry again that you have been made to feel like this.

Kerry

Retired BTCare Community Manager - StephanieG and SeanD are your new Community Managers

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

No problem Kerry if we have been misled we all look unreliable and a bit silly 😉

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi Stuart,

Kerry is on leave but spoke to me last night about the conversation re Sky sports. Firstly, I want to say how sorry I am that this has even occurred. I’ve looked into this on Kerry’s behalf and have found that at the time of our response, the forum mods were not aware of the Sky issue.

In retrospect, we should’ve looked deeper into it and ensured we had the appropriate response. I appreciate that our mistake has put you in a compromising position and I will speak to Kerry and our mods on how we can address and avoid situations like this.  

With regards to the Sky issue itself, we’ll be posting a response in the forum thread now explaining that we were not aware of the Sky issue at the time of response and that it was a requirement as agreed by our commercial teams before we could offer Sky sports One and Sky sports Two.  We will also publicly apologise to our users like yourself who’ve been supporting us.

If you have any further concerns please feel free to PM me or if you wish to speak to me directly, let me know and I will PM my phone number to you.

Again, I'm sorry about this. 

Bian

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Bian for this info I am sure we will all learn from this.:)

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yep definitely. I'd better tell Kerry we've chatted so she can enjoy her break because she was equally upset about it all. But thanks for your support Stuart - we appreciate what you and the other community leaders do for us. 

Smiley Happy B