Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moatesy
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT WIFI App for Windows phone

Hi SeanD,

I have been having terrible problems using BT wifi app on my Lumia 1520 so was almost ecstatic when I saw your post about a new version (1.44.22).  However, the only Windows Phone version that I can find at the Windows Store is v 1.2.2 which hasn't been updated since August 2014 and which is the version that fails to connect to hotspots and worse than that now prevents me easily logging onto my own BT hub at home even when I uninstall the app!  Where can I find this new version or is the version you refer to actually for PC and tablets and not for phone?

Cheers

Moatesy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NeilO
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mobile App for Windows phone

@moatesy you can download the latest version of the BT mobile app on this link.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
moatesy
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi Neil,

Thank you for trying to help.  I uninstalled the app from my phone and then downloaded the app from the link that you posted.  Unfortunately, it still downloaded version 1.2.2 which hasn't been updated since August 2014 and which is the version that fails to connect to hotspots and worse than that now prevents me easily logging onto my own BT hub at home.

Can you please confirm what the very latest version number is for BT Wi-fi app for Windows Phone as I can't seem to download a later version of the app than 1.2.2.  If there is a later version then I have a problem with the Windows Store and I will follow up with Microsoft.  If there isn't a later version then it is a BT problem and I will follow up with their support line.

Cheers

Moatesy

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 4 of 6

@moatesy I think our wires have crossed. The thread you posted on is about the BT Mobile app not the BT Wifi app they are two different apps. You have the latest version of the BT Wifi app now.  I'll separate the threads as your issue is not related to the crashing BT mobile app problem.

Are you trying to connect using the following process

• Go to the wi-fi settings and make sure wi-fi is switched to ON
  • Select the BT Wi-fi hotspot in the Choose/Select a Network list
  • Once you're connected to the hotspot, re-open the App and log in with your BT ID or @btinernet.com address and password
  • You can now start surfing

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
moatesy
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Neil,

Apologies - you're right I have been posting about the wifi app under the wrong thread.  I am new to this community - should I create a new thread?  I can't see an existing one that covers the topic.  I have tried to connect as you suggested.  The app worked for the first couple of months and then just stopped working.  It just will not connect to BT wi-fi hotspots (fon or otherwise) and won't even let me try to log in with the full username and password so I am actually worse off than before I started.  This is compounded by the fact that even if I uninstall the app it seems to leave something on the phone that gives priority to bt wifi or bt-fon which then stops me automatically looging onto my bt hub at home.  I often have to reboot my phone to connect to my own home network!  Very unimpressed!

Be great if you or someone else was able to help and please let me know if I need to create a new thread.

Cheers

Moatesy

0 Ratings
OlgaC
Moderator-Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi moatesy, 

Give the BT Wifi team a call on 0800 022 3322 and if you need any more help post back Smiley Happy

Thanks,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings