Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT Yahoo email login problem

Go to solution

Please can you help me!  I have been trying to log in to my email account for the last 3 days, starting from my home page bt.com, which takes me to:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform - i put in my log-in details and am taken to:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/pwtoken_login?src=bt&token=AmM_blMIuf3pO4Sbqy..9d6_NvnDVLTP4iw-s5i0BO...

Then I get a message

"there is a problem with this website’s security certificate The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website"

I also get this message popping up both on log in and with BT desk top help.

"Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available , do you want to proceed?  Yes, No, View Certificate"

Please can you help me as I have no idea what is going on.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

What email do you use. Is it BTYahoo or BTMail?

It would appear that when you log in, for some reason you are not being directed to the correct place. Once you have logged into your email you should be taken automatically to either BTYahoo or BTMail depending on which system you are on.

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Landsbj,

I'll be able top look into this for you. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Hi PaddyB thanks for your message, I have just tried again and got into my email without a problem, just to the right of https://uk-mg-bt.mail.yahoo.com its showing a certificate error for www.yahoo.com and that it expired on the 24/5/2014? Do I need to do anything else.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Landsbj - Do you by any chance use Firefox.   I occasionally got a similar message (not necessarily when accessing Yahoo Mail)when I had Firefox as my browser.  Never had the issue with Internet Explorer.   Makes me wonder?

Gerry

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks very much for your help! Everything now sorted
0 Ratings