cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew167
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT broadband usage scam!

i have been with Bt for  over ten years and i have never gone over my allowance but with my last bill i was told that i had been over my allowance ,and when i called bt i was told that i had downloaded so many mg s, this i know i did not do and have never done not as last ten years,i have always been on the same sites and have download no more than normal ,i dont watch movies of any kind,nore download any music ,i do watch the very odd youtube,that is it, i just recieved a email from bt telling me i have gone over my allance again for august 2017 ,which i cannot understand as i have been away as last month and my bt hub has been turned of but according to them i have gone over my allance, and by the way this started when my bt contract was finished and i am no long in contract with bt,funny how this all started when my contract was finished,and of course i can up grade to unlimited ,which funny enough puts me back into contract with bt,

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Hi @andrew167 and welcome.

I'm sorry there's been some confusion with your broadband usage. Has your computer downloaded any upgrades? Are there any other devices connected to the hub which require updates? 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
andrew167
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Hi David. Thanks for your reply.there is nothing connected to the hub .than my pc. As for upgrades .I don't think.I know I have not been home as last month and I have already received an email from bt that I have gone over my allowance again and that there will be £27 pounds added to my next bill.my hub is turned of at home so it is not even in use .and I live on my own so no one is there.I don't understand it all all. My last bill was doubled also first time ever I have never went over my allowance in ten years so as last bill and this bill I have gone over.and it is not turned on and I am not at home .confused.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 6

Hi @andrew167,

Thanks for getting back. This does sound odd. Have you changed your wireless password etc? Does anyone have access to your details or settings?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
andrew167
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for reply David, yes i rang bt and was told to change password which i did,but it seems to be still happening ,as of £27 charge and not turned on.i am sure it can be checked if it is sending a signal,to confirm that it is turned of,i did this knowing i would be away for a while with work,and after my broadband bill going to £290 and it looks that it is rising again,only thing i see to do is to cancel my account with bt,as i am not in contract or be forced into an unlimited broadband contract.

0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 6 of 6

Hi @andrew167

That's peculiar, let us take a closer at this for you. Please send us your details, you can find our contact form by clicking on my username.

Thanks

0 Ratings