Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corh5
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: BT have cancelled my TV services without my knowledge

Go to solution

I have also had my BT TV Service cancelled yesterday with no request from myself.

I have now spent almost 2 hours on the phone, mostly on hold waiting to talk to someone to try and sort this out. I have been passed from person to person.

This is such poor service.

Also having to pay an early exit charge. I DID NOT REQUEST A CANCELLATION IN SERVICE!!!!!!

Goodbye for now

We're sorry to see you go, but we hope you were happy with the service we provided while you were with us and hope to welcome you back someday soon.

For now, here are some things you need to know.

These are the services that have stopped:

• BT TV

These services have also stopped:

• BT Sport Pack
  • BT Sport HD Pack
  • BT TV Starter subscription

A note about your bill

If you're cancelling everything with us, we'll send you a final bill within 14 days of you telling us (or you can look for it by logging in at bt.com/mybt). We'll take this payment in the same way we took your previous payments. So, if you've been paying by Direct Debit or Monthly Payment Plan, please don't cancel it until we've taken your final payment. This means the credit or debit balance you have can go towards your final bill, and you'll get any refund due to you faster by Direct Debit than cheque. If you're keeping something, you'll carry on getting your usual bills.

What you'll pay

You'll need to pay £105.38 for stopping your BT services. This includes:

• Charges for ending your contract early - Because your service has stopped before the end of your contract, you'll need to pay £13.95 for the remaining months.
  • Charge for your equipment - You'll need to pay £91.43 for your outstanding equipment charges. You can find out more about this under 'Deferred payment for equipment' atbt.com/legalstuff
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi corh5,

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you TV services have been cancelled wthout your permission. This really isn't good enough. I'll be happy to lend a hand and get you reconnected as soon as possible. Please send me an email with your details. You'll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
corh5
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks David,

I have sent an enuiry to you following the link as directed above.

I am waiting to hear from the investigation team on when my service may be restored, this may take up to 48 hours. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @corh5,

I’m sorry it took so long to get this sorted but we got there in the end. The account is all in order and all the refunds etc have been applied. Post back and let us know if you have any further problems.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings