cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fasthead
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Re: BT infinity 2 - wired and wireless connection dropout

I have the same problem with my BT, seems that BT are a lot worse than what i read on line, **bleep** expensive too.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

@fasthead

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
fasthead
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

The Phone is working perfectly, i've been with BT for years now & i have always had the problem, I have an LG smart tv & whenever i try watching videos on that they freeze up, it's gone on long enough now so i'm thinking of going with Talk Talk has they supply the services i require for much cheaper.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

It will be the same pair of wires, so if there is a line fault, it will still be there with TalkTalk.

Something to check which could be important.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 7

Hi @fasthead and thanks for posting.

I'm sure we can help you. Can you post the details as requested by @Keith_Beddoe and also include some speed test test results including the further diagnostics and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
fasthead
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

It may be has I'm still using the BT Hub 3, Has I've read that the new hubs are much better but i am on low income with being sole carer for my father & just recieved benefits, so can't afford to buy one, i just about manage to afford my internet n phone with BT i have been a loyal customer with BT for over 30 years now you'd think they'd give their customers that have been with them for so long a Free hub, I've recently been looking at other offers i get from ISP n phone suppliers has some of them offer unbelievable packages which are cheaper. But for now staying with BT but who knows what will happen in the future. Thanks for you're help on the matter.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@fasthead

Can you confirm that you are on Infinity 2 and not normal broadband?

If you have a home hub 3, on BT Infinity, then you must also have a white Openreach modem as well, which is cabled to the HH3?

The newer routers are not really much better, and the HH3 is generally quite good.

0 Ratings