Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 24

Re: Bt Infinity is Infinity faulty

in order for people here to be able to help you can you post some information as that is missing from your posts

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

are you using the test socket with a new filter even if you have a SSFP 

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number wholesale FTTC check

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 24

Re: BT infinity really slow speeds because high usage.

Why are you posting the same information over and over?

You need to run a speedtest from a regular computer that is connected to the home hub with an Ethernet cable.

This will show whether there is indeed an issue with your throughput, or an issue that is specific to your playstation, regardless of how it works with a previous connection.

Once again, BT do not throttle connections.

You may however need to make changes within the home hub such at using a DMZ or opening some ports.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
RSebire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

I rang around 4 hours ago, and chose the option for them BT to ring me back.
4 hours ago....

I will perform these test myself then, as the help department, whom said they where very busy, must be. (4 hours waiting for a ring back)
Erm....

Thanks for the advice here on the forums, but I prefer to talk to help operative over the phone

If they ring by tommorow I will let you know how they phob me off ok

My game has worked for a round 2 hours now, so that's an improvement.

When I go to run a speed check via the app, it says it can't, and when I try to check my usage it says it can't.

I use cfos on my PC and will post pictures the next avaliable time I have. I think the bt speed check is fake as it gives completely different results. cfos is built directly into my motherboard so I know that's not lying.

Kind regards
Waiting in vain
Richard

(And why have you put all my posts in a separate thread? I responded to others here, and if I wanted to make a thread I would have.?)
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 24

@RSebire wrote:

Thanks for the advice here on the forums, but I prefer to talk to help operative over the phone

So why bother to post multiple times on the forum then?

0 Ratings
RSebire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

What? Am I not allowed too?
I think it's perfectly acceptable thank you to respond to others on the Internet.
Try that attitude on Reddit please so I can laugh at everyone's responses to you.

Kind of a joke really - you gonna start editing my posts next?
0 Ratings
RSebire
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 24

The posts will serve me as a record of this event. What's it got to do with you?
Let me guess bt have their own way of running a forum? Well if so, it's not a forum.
Thanks,
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 24

it is against the forum rules to spam other post with the same message

the forum mods will contact you personally by phone or email and they are UK based but the information we have been asking for is the first step in getting their help
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 24

Enjoy talking to the help desk!!!

john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 24

there is nothing wrong with the BT wholesale speed test we keep asking you to post results from it is used by all ISP's not just BT for speed problems and it must be used with a wired connection not wireless as wireless is subject to much external interference please use this link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 24

@RSebire wrote:
What? Am I not allowed too?
I think it's perfectly acceptable thank you to respond to others on the Internet.
Try that attitude on Reddit please so I can laugh at everyone's responses to you.

Kind of a joke really - you gonna start editing my posts next?

Try your attitude on here and see how much help you will get