cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 24

Re: BT infinity really slow speeds because high usage.

I recently changed from TalkTalk 3mb broadband and no I can even play my online games with my PlayStation 4.
I just get stuck at the loading in screen.
It's ridiculous...
3mb broad band was better than this 52mb fiber optic nonsense.
Starting to regret switching now
0 Ratings
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 24

It says 54mb speed, but it's a really small "troughtput" that's crippling my gaming.
Who do I ask for help?
It's well bad.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 24

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
if you have a Homehub 5 can you also post the stats from 1-12 by logging onto the homehub management pages then troubleshooting > helpdesk.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 24

I've only been with them a month or so and I'm a residential user. My PlayStation 4 is constantly crashing and hanging in online games since switching from TalkTalk 3mb broadband to bt infinity 1.
I can't believe it. What is going on!?!?
I thought fiber optic was supposed to be the best?!?! It's worse that 3mb broadband.
What the hell?!?!?
Who do I contact for support ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 24

Re: just in case anyone from BT ever reads this

can you please post the information I have asked for the forum members can start to help you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 24

Can you run a speedtest on a wired computer please.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 24

Re: Bt Infinity is Infinity faulty

I can't even play multuplayer games on my PS4 since moving from TalkTalk basic 3MB broadband to BT Infinity 1 54MB Fiber...

My Playstation just crash's when my internet crawls to a stop....

3MB Broadband was better than BT Infinity 1 54MB Fiber...WTF IDK...Eh?

lol, but it's no joke.

Kind regards

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 24

Re: Bt Infinity is Infinity faulty

@RSebire

you are being offered help on your own post i suggest you take it up and then you can get help in resolving your problem

here is a link to your own post https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-BT-infinity-really-slow-speeds-because-h...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 24

Re: cant play games and download on inf 2 ????

@RSebire

Please post the information asked for here then you can get the help you need then also please stop spamming other posts the forum mods may start removing them as it is disruptive to others

Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 24

Re: cant play games and download on inf 2 ????

@RSebire wrote:

I'm on BT infinity 1 54MB Fiber.

My PlayStation crash's now (Erroe code CE-34878-0) whilst playing multiplayer games.

I wouldn't even dream of downloading and playing at the same time the way it is. I can't even just play online.

I previously had TalkTalk 3MB Broadband and never had an issue with service.

But honestly, 3MB broadband out performs 54MB fiber from BT. There's something seriously wrong here.

On the PlayStation Forums, they say it's because BT are throttling me or there's contention problems.

I upgraded to BT from TalkTalk as a treat to myself. WTF LoL IDK...

I've also been waiting well over an hour for BT Phone support to ring me back.

I can't keep on like this, my gameing means that much to me, I will ditch them if they don't do anything about it.

It's a joke on me isn't it...

Kind regards

Richard

That error code is a generic error code for the playstation and indicates that there is an issue with your playstation

0 Ratings