cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 32 of 56

Re: BT is a joke

A long time ago on the 2nd of the month my speed was restricted as part of the fair usage policy. I was told I'd used over 100GB in 2 days. I had actually used 100MB.
0 Ratings
55 REPLIES 55
Message 1 of 56

Beyond A Joke

I rang BT on 5th December due to a change of address and wanted to take my old phone number with me. What should of been a simple connection at 1 address and disconnection from 1 address has become a mental ordeal....

On the 5th December an appointment was made for an engineer to attend my new property on the 12. The engineer did attend and did all the cable work that needs to be carried out, he was unable to complete the order due to the exchange being flooded. I was told that as the new line wasn't active I would remain active at the old address (old address was disconnected).

On 14th December I was told the exchange would be fixed on Monday the 16th. The exchange was fixed. I then had a call from someone at BT telling me that for an engineer to complete the 5-10 minute work to activate the new line can't be done until the 31st December. The same person called me again today and now the date for activation is 6th January (more than 1 calendar month after the order was placed).

Earlier today I spoke to someone from order management who tells me it takes 15 days for a new line to go active. Sorry, this MUST be a lie. My original order placed on the 5th was going to be active on the 12 (if the flooding hadn't happened). When you thenb ask the simple question of does it or doesn't it take 15 days you get the run around. That or you get put on hold for hours and then have to explain EVERYTHING again. The new person is clueless so you ask for a manager who wants to know EVERYTHING again.

So here I am an existing customer of BT for years who placed a very simple order to move a line to a new address and not only do I not have a phoneline or broadband at my old address I don't have it at my new address and quite probably won't have it till the beginning of next year. Don't forget the bulk of the work has already been carried out on the 12th. All that's left is the few minutes for an engineer to connect to the exchange.

All I want is someone who can make a decision to call me and not for jumped up little jobsworths who are totally clueless to call me and explain why, since tyhe exchange is now up and running it will take another 22 days for such a simple task to be completed

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 56

Re: Beyond A Joke

The moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 56

Lets hope so. I've had more than I can handle having to explain the same thing over and over and over and over, etc, etc, etc (you get the point). One hand has no idea what the other hand is doing

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 56

I really can't see this being sorted on a forum. Sigh
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 56

The forum moderators are part of a special UK team of BT employees, who take personal ownership of your problem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 56

I think personal ownership of any customer should be common practice. There's nothing more frustrating than speaking to 1 person and getting cut off, then having to call back and start the whole explanation again
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 56

I can't check your personal website out as I have no broadband and that's needed to view the page 😕
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 56

@jigsaw_tat_man_uk_1 wrote:
I can't check your personal website out as I have no broadband and that's needed to view the page 😕

There is nothing on my site which would be of help to you at the moment, but may be of use when you do get BT Broadband. It mostly technical stuff like speed and networking problems, which is why its restricted to BT Broadband connections, and not free wifi hotspots like the Cloud.

You should hear from a moderator in the morning,

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 56

I know you're trying to help and I don't want you to think I'm being difficult but all day tomorrow I'll be at the new address (no chance of any type of connection) waiting for new furniture etc delivery (anything up to 9pm). So I won't be here to get any messages
0 Ratings