cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: BT mobile declined despite excellent credit score?

Got declined for BT Mobile yesterday despite being an existing TV, Broadband and Landline customer and have an "Excellent" credit rating. I was told it was because my bank details didn't match my address. Gave an alternative bank account and that didn't match either. Spent 4 hours going back and forth from BT and Equifax, with the latter adamant it is a BT problem. Finally spent over 2 hours on one call to BT before they transferred me back to credit control where I started 4 hours earlier in the day. They wouldn't listen to my argument that there was something wrong with their systems (as some others have posted). They said they would try another check, but this time Equifax had looked them out, so now awaiting a call back from a supervisor! I really regret having just renewed all my contracts with BT - a whole day wasted. I have a complaint reference number so they assure me it will be dealt with. BT seems completely disjointed at the back end and not customer centric.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Hi @AllanW,

Did you manage to get this sorted? If not, give the Mobile Chat Team as I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Give that team a go and let me know how you get on.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Hi PaddyB

I was promised a call back within 24 hours from 5 pm Friday but that didn't happen. I called the credit department again today about 1.30pm, they tried to go through validating my bank details again, still locked out from Equifax, said they would call back today - nothing yet. Will try Mobile Chat Team in the morning.

Thanks

AllanW

0 Ratings