Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuart2015
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Re: Broadband service disaster

Snap!

Unbelieveably i'm going through exactly the same thing.

Was meant to get broadband on 21st March. It is galling to log in and see -14 days in my dashboard.

I rung for an update on the 22nd (40 min wait) to be told the line hadn't transfered but should in the next 24 hours.

The line transfered. 23rd

No update, so I rung on the 28th only to be told they could see that there was a problem but could tell me what it was. They told me to ring another number (40 min wait) and they said there were 'still things to do' and they couldn't tell me when it would be done or what those things were.

29th a text message! saying it will be up and running on the 4th.

I contacted bt again to say could it be expedited. They couldn't help! and seemingly had no system to enable that.

Started tweeting and had lots of messages saying please go back to the chat process, which as i pouinted out i'd done twice and it was pointless.

Housemate contacted bt and got a helpful person who said our activation had still not been accepted yet as of the 31st of march and the 4th was not going to happen now, which i've never been informed of. There will be a review of our case on the 11th April which is not the same as someone actually doing the work which will come after the review!

I then received an email yesterday from bt saying when the engineer would be coming out, where the date and time were blank.

How on earth can you have no control of your processes, and no way to let me know what is going on?

How can you frankly be so utterly inept and treat your customers with what feels like contempt!

We've all used up our personal data I've spent money topping up my data so that I have net access in the evening and it is costing a fortune.

Still no information... STILL NOTHING!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

It Openreach that provide the external connections.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

the thread yo posted on was not the same a your problem  they were existing customers trying to get fault repaired whereas you are a new customer trying to get connected

I have asked mods who are BT employees to see if they can help or at least give you an update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Stuart2015,

Can you contact our chat team to find out when the engineer is going out?

Get help with an order

Let me know what date they give you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings