cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
temp7059
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: Broadband usage

I want to check my broadband usage but when I select "view my usage" I just get a message saying "as an unlimited customer you don't need to worry about how much you're using" and it does not give me the information.  The same happens using the web interface and the mobile app.

Well thanks BT for making the gross assumption that I don't wan to know, but actually I do want to know. So how do I find out?

Apologies if my questions sounds grumpy but why is it never easy with BT...?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

The answer is not that you don't want to know, but that BT don't want you to know.

If you're on an unlimited product, you might be able to save money by switching to a limited usage one - but only if your usage is low enough.  BT don't want you to know how high or low your usage is, so you're effectively locked into a more expensive contract.

0 Ratings
temp7059
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I agree, BT don't want me to know my usage in case I switch to a lower usage plan.  You can nail them however by going to their chat line and asking for specific months.

In my case I have bought a property in Spain and want to know what sort of usage I need to arrange for it. that's a valid use-case.

0 Ratings