cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: Bt Infinity Speed Reduction !!

Hi all,

First post, but looking through the messages this seems to be the best place to post this. My infinity 2 came online just over a week ago with DL speeds of 55mb and UL speeds of 20mb, since that time I have upgraded the old LJU4 box for a NTE5 box and upgraded the extension to an NTE5ADSL box. Since completing both these upgrades, I would have thought that this would have had a slight increase in DL speed, but it seems to have had the opposite....my DL speed is now averaging 45mb at the extension, but only 43mb at the main socket. All connections have been checked and confirmed ok, but I am at a loss as to why there is a near 12mb loss in speed after upgrading to more modern connections.

The speeds quoted to me at acceptance was between 55mb and 76mb. I came from Virgin where I was getting 100mb but it was so unstable, it was rediculous!

Any ideas would be great 👍

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

You should only have one master socket nte5 on your line. Have you tried just connecting to the test socket in the actual master socket with a new filter and then post your stats from helpdesk 1-12

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Thanks for the update, I will try the test socket and see if there are any changes and post back.
0 Ratings