Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Re: Bt customer service

I'm obviously not the only one!

Complaint ref **Edited** ... Look it up BT folk.

By far the worst customer service I have ever come across. Not only do their sevice people not call you back when promised, they then lie about doing so.

They now have 24-hrs to resolve all my issues otherwise I will be switching provider after more than 30-years and many, many thousands of £s spent with them.

So, so angry and ashamed of you.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Bt terrible customer service

please for your security remove the vol ref number as this is a public forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 12

you may get more help if you post your problems then the community members can try and help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

For some strange reason I keep having thoughts of Inspector Clouseau visiting Dreyfus at the psychiatric hospital. The Indian call centre is Inspector Clouseau, Drefus the poor BT customer and BT UK call centres are Cato. What a Carry On! That's it..... Sid James is still alive and running BT. You couldn't make it up! Now who used to say that? How are they getting away with it! Regards - A fellow victim still mentally scared.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

Hi @VideoCook

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post.  I have moved your post to start your own thread as that's the best thing to do.

Can you go into a little more detail to see if the community can help sort this out please and if not we will offer you give you a hand from here?

Many thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Intermittent fault on broadband causing wifi dropout and breakup of tv signal through BT Youview box. Reported to BT (both online and then on phone after sitting on hold for about an hour) who went through all reboot, box reset, hub settings - including factory reset on Youview box.

At end of all this was told it should settle down in next few days and that they would call me back between 10 and 11 am the following Saturday - and confirmed this by text. The problem didn't improve, and all our BT Vision purchases also disapeared from the box.

No call came at the promised time (they had both landline and mobile) so I sent a text back expressing my disapointment and that the fault had got worse. They then replied telling me they had tried to call me but were unable to get through. That was lie No.1. Both landlines and mobile were clear over this period.

I sent a "short" text back telling them to call me back straight away, which they did - but that engineer was totally useless and kept putting me on hold for long periods - giving me various reset processes to do and then telling me everything was working fine. It wasn't, and when I finally had enough of talking with someone who obviously didn't have a clue what they was talking about I asked to speak to his manager. I was told "be patient!".

I then asked to be put through to someone in complaints and my call was diverted to what seemed like a UK office - who listened, empathised... did all the right things to make me believe my issues were about to be resolved. Then he said let me pass you through to the right department, explaining that if my call was on hold for long he'd keep checking back just so was kept assured that I hadn't been cut off. This he did... for about 30-mins until he said it would be better that he got them to call me back within an hour. Having spent about 2-hrs on the phone by now I agreed.

No call came (I wasn't surprised) so I called BT again and had a rant to another random person who said they could help put me through to complaints. They couldn't - and eventually took my details and promised someone would call back that evening. That call did come... but only to say that the proper complaints person would not be able to call back until the following evening.

That is where I am right now - but I'm not convinced that call will come this evening. Track record tells me otherwise.

In the meantime, our BT Vision purchases have returned to our box. However, the broadband issues remain.... breakup of live TV through box and playback of online services such as iPlayer/Netflix etc. Wifi on other devices often drops out (about three times whilst writing this).

The very first engineer (who is the only person who has earned BT any credit in this episode) said that if the fault persisted then the next step would be BT sending me out a new router (which seemed logical) - and that this would happen as a result of their infamous 10-11am return call (which didn't come).

Instead I've wasted about 5 hrs of my life just trying to get what I've paid for. Shame on you BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

You've had a rough time. I'm sure a Mod will offer to help. What Hub do you have?

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

Hi @VideoCook

Thanks for posting back and I'm sorry that you're having so many problems.

You can send us over your details and we will help sort everything out for you from here.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Had the call from customer complaints department yesterday evening.

The chap seemed very nice and understanding. His resolution was that another engineer would call me this evening between 6 and 7pm. If they were unable to resolve the issue then an engineer would be sent to my home.

Guess what???.... No call. Phone line was totally clear in this period - so if they try and say they couldn't get through it is yet another lie.

BT you have got to sack the service centre you are using before they destroy your business all together. They are making you a laughing stock. Then again, maybe they are just a reflection of how you feel about your customers.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Still no contact. Perhaps they've gone bust?
0 Ratings