Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HunterTheMunter
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Bt infinity speed problems

Hi All

Ive not that long had BT SUPER FAST INFINITY 2!!!!! which i upgraded from my ADSL 2 (ssolid 20-22 down )

1. when ordering i was given from that day a line test and speed of 77-80 / 20

2. a 14 day cooling off period ( watch this ). 4 days before installation and a 10 day stabilization period ( Lock in)

3. line sync from router at 78 / 19

4. Throughput of 15-40* / 10-15. This it seams is perfectly normal speeds for super fast broadband according to bt.

* high occassonaly

Had several discussions with bt but going down the rout of changing the router. Failing this, down grading to a more stable package.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068343+NQ41431750
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.6 (Type A) Last updated 05/07/14
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. VDSL uptime:1 days, 00:42:27
6. Data rate:19999 / 79995
7. Maximum data rate:31468 / 100184
8. Noise margin:15.3 / 11.7
9. Line attenuation:0.0 / 12.3
10. Signal attenuation:0.0 / 12.3
11. Data sent/received:140.8 MB / 724.4 MB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
HunterTheMunter
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

LEAVES ON THE LINE maybe ¬¬

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. Should be done with wired connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
HunterTheMunter
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Sorry for the late reply but think it MAYbe solved. I ended up using serveral checkers which all gave different results, Thinkbroadband giving me the most consistent reading of 74 / 18 so checked a few 1GB test files which were pulling down at between 8-9 mb. What I have worked out is that the wireless throughput on my HH5 is surprisingly poor.. 

Thanls for the speedy reply tho.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Apart from a few posts you will find that wifi is always lower then wired and sometimes considerably lower

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Are you sure you are not confusing Megabytes (MB) with Megabits (Mb).

People often assume that a download speed of 1 Megabit per second (1 Mbps) will allow them to download a 1 Megabyte file in one second. This is not the case, a Megabit is 1/8 as big as a Megabyte, meaning that to download a 1MB file in 1 second you would need a connection of 8Mbps.

Therefore  if you are downloading 8-9MBs multiply by 8 and you get 64- 72Mbps 

0 Ratings