cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marion2
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Re: Bt internet hub disconnects

Since I moved into the house in early Sept I have had more time without internet connection than with.  Sometimes everything works wonderfully at other times it doesn't work at all. Yesterday I failed to get on line at all despite trying repeatedly throughout the day. This morning I am on line as soon as I switch on. I have rung India twice but all they tell me to do is to turn every thing off and back on again. It works briefly but I don't expect to have to do that every time I want to read my emails. They said they would monitor what was happening but never got back to me. If they had monitored then they would have seen the repeated failure.

I am reluctant to go back to India because I fear they will just tell me to do what they have told me before. I have been told to use this forum but sadly I don't understand the technicalities of most of the posts. People are giving advice but I don't have a clue what they mean. So where does one turn next?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

@Marion2

Please can you confirm whether you have a BT Infinity connection, or a normal ADSL broadband connection.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Marion2
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

How do I know what I have got?!

You see what I mean about being ignorant.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Which BT Home hub do you have?

It should say on your BT bill, what service you have?

0 Ratings
Marion2
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I have not been able to respond for about 12 hours due to the broadband being unavailable.
I have checked my documents for when I signed up for BT and my on line bills and they do not tell me which home hub I have.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

It will not tell you which home hub, but it should tell you whether you are on normal BT Broadband, or BT Infinity.

See this page to identify which home hub you have.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13909/~/i-don%E2%80%99t-know-which-bt-home-hub-i-have

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

this help  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13909/~/i-don%E2%80%99t-know-which-bt-home-hub-i-have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

do you have an openreach modem and a hub or just a hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 9 of 13

Hi Marion2 and welcome.

I’m sorry you’re having problems with the connection dropping. I can appreciate how frustrating this is for you. Are you trying to connect via wireless or cable? Can you try entering your phone number at http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome and post up the results (remember to remove your number). Are you able to run a speed test? If so can you try that and post the details?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marion2
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Not been able to get on line for days! I have a home hub 4 which I received about 3 months ago so it is new. I have still failed to find the word 'infinity' on any documents relating to me but the home hub info seems to imply it is infinity.
0 Ratings