cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohamo40
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Bt terrible customer service

Oh my god. Similar situation with me. I'm disputing the invoice they sent me. They want to start charging before the line was even fitted.
"Their manager" supposed to call me on Tuesday to settle the complaint but I already received a warning that I must pay the bill now or they will terminate the service...
About to cry from the hell service I get from BT.
It's a black day that I joined them. Unfortunately I have no other broadband provider in my area so it's them or none!!!!
I'm lost in words how can I distribution this.
I feel do sorry for you mate, I know how you feel
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

@Mohamo40

I have moved your post to a new thread, so you can get help from the community.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 3 of 9

Hi @Mohamo40,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have. We will do our best to help you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll then get back in touch with you over the next few days.

Make sure you view the site in full mode rather than mobile mode

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Mohamo40
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Poor service and charging wrong amount

I'm about to cry from the service I'm getting.
I'm signed up with 54 mbps broadband and it's offensive a lot less. Worst is 3 or 4 only.
They invoice me for a period that the service wasn't even installed, they have records on their system to prove that but they are asking me to proof it anyway.
Theft in front of your eyes. And now I'm being sent a threatening letter I must pay the full bill or they will charge for any delays, even though the invoice is in dispute and done one supposed to call me on Tuesday to settle it.
I payed so much money on my mobile bill to contact them so many times regarding the issue. Being put on hold for hours, or just simply hang up on you. Or not understanding where the problem is....
They send me a bill to pay but when I called they don't even have it on the system yet ... ??????

I canceled my direct debit and make them chase me now.
I said to them to put things right then I'll pay. They are threatening. They just want your money .... that's all that they want. Pay and everything can be resolved later....
What a free king joke that is.
I'm about to burst from such service or treatment.
Stand your ground people. Don't pay the bill. Cancel ur direct debit.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Re: Poor service and charging wrong amount

I have merged your post because you already had a thread running.

I would suggest that you take up the offer of assistance from the moderator.

I would also suggest that you would be better not to have cancelled your direct debit. While I appreciate your reason for doing it, doing that could cause you problems with your credit score. 

0 Ratings
Mohamo40
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Well ... I really do not wish to be grabbed by the neck and then beg you to sort the problem.
You supposed to invoice people for the service you provide right?
Again. I'm more than happy to pay in full If you put things right.
I'm not asking for perks. I'm asking for an a curate invoice from when the service started. Not when I had nothing running!!!
Until now you have failed to put things right. I'm waiting...
Legally your not allowed to bad credit score me if I'm in the right.
You asking for money that you don't actually provided any service at all for a period of time.
It's like if I ask you now you pay me 200 pounds and then we will talk...
If I report you as a none paying client that would be illigal.
Hope that help you to understand
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum.  The only BT staff are the moderators.

If you want help you should respond to the moderators post above using the method described in the post.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You are not being grabbed by the neck or having to beg for help you have been offered help by a forum moderator I suggest you take up the offer of help they will personally own your problem and provide you with a single point of contact in the UK

also there are approaching 500 providers you can get a broadband service from not just BT

also any payments you have made before your service starts will be deducted from the next bill
0 Ratings
dozeyden
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

I can sympathise with you I am having the same problem with my mums bill.  A new contract in January yet because the bill was generated on 4th Feb four days before contract they want to charge her the full amount.  She can have a refund of the overcharge in 3 months!    Why send new contract details if they dont get passed onto the billing department?  BT cant regenerate a new bill that is correct ????

I did an online chat and was told it was ok to stop her direct debit until sorted.  We have done that yet they still refuse to send a new bill cos they cant generate another one!!

My mum is now in the process of telling them where to put all their services, broadband, phone line too.  She has been a customer with BT for 52 years.  Today I contacted BT because of their direct debit threats and was told that BT value her custom.   Yeah right!  You wouldn't treat people like you do if you valued them.  She is disabled and elderly and doesn't need the hassles and threats that she has been given on the phone.

Simple solution take your custom elsewhere, with a phone line already installed you can use whatever provider you choose.  Customer service from BT is rubbish.  And to think I was going to change to them this year...........NO chance now with what my mum has had to go through with them.

0 Ratings