Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beagle1950
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Caller ID

Go to solution

I have recently bought the BT8500 Advanced Call Blocker and I have to say that generally I am very impressed with it.  It does stop lots of cold calls and the house is now much quieter than it was as the phone only rings when it should!

However, I have one problem.  I sometimes ring home from work and I am forced to give my name and press # and my wife can only press button 1 and accept call once only and not press 2 and accept permanently.  I have the number in my directly with the area code and six figure dial but to ring home from work I have to dial 9 and go through a switchboard which seems to cause a difficulty.

I have spoken to the BT help people a few times but all the ideas they have suggested have not worked and I wonder if anyone on the Forum has some advice as to what is happening, why it is happening and if I can do anything to fix the problem so I can phone home without such a rigmarole.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

@Beagle1950 wrote:
However, I have one problem.  I sometimes ring home from work and I am forced to give my name and press # and my wife can only press button 1 and accept call once only and not press 2 and accept permanently.  I have the number in my directly with the area code and six figure dial but to ring home from work I have to dial 9 and go through a switchboard which seems to cause a difficulty.

Hi, welcome to the forums.

When you call a mobile from your work phone, does the number of your extension appear on the phone, or the main delivery number of your work - or something else ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Many swithboards to not release caller ID information, this is intentional in many cases.

You could try the 1470 prefix  to see if it helps, but that may be blocked anyway.

The only other option is to call from your mobile.

0 Ratings
Beagle1950
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Says Unknown number which explains everything! Thanks.
0 Ratings
Beagle1950
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
See above - my office number is shown as unknown. Thanks for advice both of you.
0 Ratings
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
dialling 1470 on an pabx system would not normally work.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Shool
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I registered for caller id and privacy.  I received an email on the 8/11/15 that informed me the service would be activated on the10/11/15.  That did not happen - spent ages getting through to customer services and the assured me it would start working   That day .  It is now the 13/11/15 do I need to do anything to my phone.  I have looked through all the user guides online no help.  Does anyone have any advice please

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Shool wrote:

I registered for caller id and privacy.  I received an email on the 8/11/15 that informed me the service would be activated on the10/11/15.  That did not happen - spent ages getting through to customer services and the assured me it would start working   That day .  It is now the 13/11/15 do I need to do anything to my phone.  I have looked through all the user guides online no help.  Does anyone have any advice please

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

What phone have you got ? It needs to be able to display the caller ID of course.

0 Ratings