cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Can I swap my primary email address with a sub address?

Go to solution

Hi all,

I know that this is a very old thread, but it's exactly what I need to do, yet for rather different reasons.

I want to make my primary ID a genuine BTMail email address rather than the current BTYahoo one. The reasons for this are far too complicated to discuss here.

I have created a sub-account email address for this purpose. I now simply need someone to change it over for me. Can a moderator out there somewhere still do this in 2017?

regards, D

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @RevDave,

To change your BT ID log in at BT ID , then click on My Profile and then scroll down until you see Edit username:

EditUsername.png

This should let you change the email address to one of your other email accounts.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

THanks Daniel.

I've done that and I can log in to my BTID using the email address of one of its subaccounts now.

There is no longer any reference to the original email address I used. However, I expected it to appear back inthe list of subaccounts. So this is only a partial solution.

Have I misunderstood something here about hte nature of modern accounts? Do I now understand from this that there is no longer any such thing as a 'primary email address' for a BT broadband account as there was several years ago? You use to be given an address which served as the master, but now you seem to just type in any valid email address to set up a BTID.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The BT account holder does not have a "primary email account" in the same way they did in the past. You can now have 11 email addresses, any one of which can be your main email. You can either keep the other email accounts for yourself or "gift" them to friends or family in the same way you set up sub-accounts previously.

If you gift them the receiver has to set up their own BTID in order to manage the account. If they don't do that you will keep control of the account and you can access it.

If the set up their own BTID they can manage it, change password etc and you can not access it. All you retain is the ability to delete it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks gg. That has confirmed what I thought.

0 Ratings