cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Re: Can't send emails

I can't send emails on iPad or Windows phone apps, messages say "server rejects ..."

Both worked perfectly in UK, and both receive emails, but in Thailand neither can send.

I checked settings and deleted then reinstalled the account on both devices to no avail.

This only affects my BT account (work email is fine) but I'm on holiday!

Tried via web instead of via App and can send on that, but need Apps working, as here for 2 weeks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Cant send any mail that goes through the BT server whatsoever  and wont log into BT mail just get  "Selected account BT Mail Account is unavailable"  been going on since friday and online support does not have a clue!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

BT online support passed me on twice as the first two were clueless.

The third tier was supposed to phone me within 2 hour, but didn't.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

If you can accsess your email via webmail it would suggest that there is nothing wrong with your email service and the problem lies with how your device is accessing your email via the app.

Check the settings as per this llink

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917

If that doesn't work you could try changing the port numbers to unencypted ones. If you are using POP3 try incomiing 110 or on IMAP 143 and for outgoing port 25 or 587 for both IMAP and POP3.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

If you are still with BTYahoo rather than BTMail (check here ), you could try using the Yahoo servers smtp.mail.yahoo.com and imap or pop.mail.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I've tried with both BTYahoo and BTMail

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Yes, I hear what you say, but it is odd that both my Microsoft Lumia Windows phone and my Apple iPad were similarly afflicted simultaneously. Everything else works fine, except sending emails on both plarforms.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for being costructive, but I'd been on that link, and those codes won't verify in settings. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

If the problem only arose in Thailand it may be something to do with the ISP that you are using there. You could try using a VPN such as Cyberghost to get a UK IP address or just use webmail while you are there.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

It affected me for the whole 2 weeks abroad, at various locations & with multiple WiFi service providers. Both my Microsoft Lumia Windows phone and my Apple iPad were similarly & simultaneously afflicted in Thailand & Qatar. On return home to UK, presto, sending emails fine on both plarforms. SO ANNOYING! Any suggestions for a new email service? They say gmail works well.
0 Ratings