cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Re: Can't use the BT TV app for a month! AGAIN!

Go to solution

Did you get sorted? I've had a running problem for ~6 months that comes and goes. I use a tablet and my laptop only and I keep exceeding my device limit of 4. Numerous calls to BT and resets have still left me with what seems an insoluble problem.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Guisgadgie,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I've moved your post onto your own thread.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the number of devices on your BT TV app. If you send me in your details, I'll be able to get this reset. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me. You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Guisgadgie 

Thanks for taking my call today.

Glad I could get this sorted out for you and sorry you had the issue for so long.

Cheers

Stuart

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Great chat today Stuart, glad that you had the magic panacea to clear the chronic problem that's been the bane of my life for at least 6 months. Can now watch the up and coming Spanish cycling "Vuelta" Tour on large screen without grandchildren interfering or fear of ringing the WP 928 error code bell. Many thanks and cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Guisgadgie,

Thanks for getting back to me today.

I thought I would update this thread so that maybe it will help other customers who are having the same issue. 

We have found that this issue has been caused by CCleaner removing Sliverlight files which the BTTV App/Player uses to track device registration. This means that when you access the APP/Player after running the clean the device is tracked as a new device and takes up one of your BTTV Everywhere device slots.

The fix we have found is to add Sliverlight to the "EXCLUDE items/folders from a Scan" folder and use the Custom Clean option rather than the Easy Clean option when running CCleaner.

Hope this helps a few more Community Members. 

Matt

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Matt-S 

This is great support from BT.

To be able to go to a forum where BT mods openly talk about finding issues and providing insight for their customers is a credit to BT.

Yes, we would all not like there to be a problem in the first place, but things go wrong, the important bit is how you go about fixing things...