cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soljd19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Cancelling my BT Vision Package

I've only had my BT Vision contract for a couple of months, and the Youview box BT supplied has slowed down so much it's unusable.  It also misses recordings, and hangs when viewing on demand content. (to mention a few issues)  I checked on another forum and I'm not the only one having this problem.  I've asked BT for help with the box, but I'm not holding out much hope as It think it's probably a firmware issue.

My question is where I stand on cancelling the vision package if the equipment BT supplied is not fit for purpose?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 5

Hi soljd19,

What have the tech team advised?
Chris
BT Mod team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Have you tried the reset option in the youview box 'device management' screen and then a software update?

You will lose your recordings, settings etc. but might help - has to be worth a try I would think.

0 Ratings
soljd19
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

The Tech team said they would call me on Sat 14th dec to see if they could help sort the problem out.  I waited in all day, but no call. 

I'm going to seek legal advice.  I refuse to pay any more for a service I can't use.

0 Ratings
pixmate
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I've had mine YouView box nearly 2 month and am experiencing the same problems as soljd19 is having. My box keeps locking up and is very slow moving through the menus at times. It needs to be switched off at the back at least once a day otherwise it become unusable.

If the box allowed you to back up the recorded program using the USB ports (as my  Panasonic PVR/BR player does) then I would try a reset but I have a lot of programs recorded and don't want to loose them.

I hope an firmware update comes out to solve these and other problems if not I will be cancelling my subscription just a soon as the year is up.

0 Ratings