cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Re: Cannot access BT e-mail account on any app or PC software

My laptop and my daughters laptop has updated both to windows 10 and now her email wont work. It say Account Settings out of date. We can log in through bt.com but not directly on laptops. I have read most of this thread but there doesnt appear to be a fix unless I have missed it in the pages! They are not apple laptops.

I also have a problem with my emails in that when I put them in trash they disappear from my inbox but do not appear in the trash so are lost somewhere!

Anyone got any ideas?!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Windows 10 Mail - Account Settings Out of Date

Help!!

We have two laptops in thsi house - not Apple - which have automatically updated to Windows 10 and now my daughter cannot access her email account as we get the message 'Account settings are out of date' We can get them through Bt.com.

I also have a problem with my trash I will delete emails from my inbox and they will disappear but they do not reappear in Trash they just vanish! Not ghelpful when you get carried away clicking your mouse!!

Please, anyone, any ideas??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

How are you trying to access your email? Is it through a web browser or an email client or the Windows mail app?

If it is a web browser, which one?

What happens when you try to log on here

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

I'm not very techy but we are trying access the emails using the windows 10 mail app? We can access them via the link you provided on bt.com fine but in the windows 10 app it just comes up with account settings are out date.

In another email account which we can access we have lost some emails and attachments from the in box and the trash doesnt have anything from the middle of may to the middle of june!

Any thoughts,

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Delete any non working account that you have tried to set up in the mail app.

You then need to set up the email app using the following settings.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

Open the mail app and where it shows "Add Account" you want to select "other account POP IMAP"

Decide if you want an POP or IMAP account. If you are not sure what that means see this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44934/~/what%E2%80%99s-the-difference-between-imap-an...

Once you have decided which type of account you want you just follow the prompts and enter the information required as per the settings in the first link.

If decide to use POP3 you will be given an option to "Leave a copy on server", make sure you tick that box. This will leave the emails on the server so that you can access them from other devices using the link I posted on the previous message.

0 Ratings