Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Re: Change sub e-mail account to primary

Hi

My dad set up his primary account years ago when he worked for BT. I have a sub account which i have been using since i could turn on a computer..

I want to take ownership of my account so i believe that i need to change my primary account holder to me?

I understand that i need a moderator to do this. Please can you help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Who is the current account holder?

You cannot take over an existing phone/broadband account. The existing account would have to be closed, and all services ceased. Then you would have to apply for service in your name, and pass a credit check. A deposit may be needed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

So are you saying that I can only keep my e-mail address if I pay for a service from BT?

My dad is the current account holder and is ceasing his BT internet etc due to poor reception
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

If you have a sub- account email address from your father, you can have it transferred to another BT Broadband account. provided your father, the "owner" of the sub-account agrees and provided the "owner" of the BT Broadband account that you want to transfer it agrees.

If your sub account email address is on the BTYahoo email system and the BT Broadband email account you want to transfer it to is on BTYahoo there is no problem. If the new BT Broadband account is on the BTMail email system you will not be able to manage the email account from MyBT.

In any even it is not something forum members can do for you so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Hi @SimonF5227

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community forum.

@gg30340 is absolutely right, the community isn't going to be able to help with this so we will look into this for you from here.  I can't promise I'll be able to add your address as a sub account but will have a better idea whenever I've taken a look at the account.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings