Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 44

Re: Changes to BT’s portal and email services

Sounds promising.

Bit off-topic but I'm more worried what implications there will be with regards to 'Pro' status for (BT Yahoo) Flckr users particulary as Flickr have just added adverts to non-Pro accounts ....

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 44

@LesC wrote:

Sounds promising.

Bit off-topic but I'm more worried what implications there will be with regards to 'Pro' status for (BT Yahoo) Flckr users particulary as Flickr have just added adverts to non-Pro accounts ....

I'd add that thought will also need to be given to how to handle the addressguard email addresses that many of us have set up; it will not just be xxxxxx@btinternet.com addresses that will need to be migrated. [EDIT: now that I have read the link (yes, I know, I should have read it first) looks as if these email addresses will NOT move over]

I would like to think that there will be access to email using POP & IMAP clients as well as through webmail; has that decision yet been taken?. [EDIT: yes, we will be able to use Outlook].

[EDIT: looks as if Flickr access will be lost]

Michael
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 3 of 44

From: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44789/?s_cid=con_FURL_email_newemail

What are the key features of BT Mail?

You'll be able to access and set up your email to suit the way you want to use it. We'll be supporting the two ways to connect an email client or device to your email service: IMAP and POP.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 44

Will the authorised "send from" addresses for use on the SMTP server be migrated over?

Tom - Mouselike
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 44

Getting rid of Yahoo mail service can only be a good thing given all the problems and security issues. Hope the new email service has been fully tested and is more secure.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 44

@gg30340 wrote:

Getting rid of Yahoo mail service can only be a good thing given all the problems and security issues. Hope the new email service has been fully tested and is more secure.

I agree, and I think there's just a chance you'll agree with me that dumping McAfee should be the next positive step for BT along the road to rehab.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 44

@pottyperson wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

I agree, and I think there's just a chance you'll agree with me that dumping McAfee should be the next positive step for BT along the road to rehab.

I had to think about that for about a nano second, yes dump McAfee with out a doubt!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 44

@pottyperson wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

The new provider's website looks presentable. None of the 'big stick coming out of the screen' approach.

They also provide security services.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 9 of 44

They also provide security services.  So do F-secure, but it doesn't mean they are able to combine with BT to provide a proper backup service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 44

Interesting the report mentioned 'from next month', well I suppose June is (supposed to be) Summer!

I've emailed Flickr to see what they say about the 'Pro' status of BT Yahoo accounts not that i expect much sense out of them 😉

0 Ratings