cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkF123
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Connection Drops/Disconnects

I'm having the exact same issue, and everytime I get with the support team all they keep doing is changing channels and what do you know, I have the same **bleep** problem.
Getting very tired of the un-helpful staff though when I got to the tech support they was more helpful and got my ports opened ( even though I had not one single issue with connecting to my xbox, ps3 or PC before untill just before Christmas.

I just want my net fixed and be how it used to be, none of these BS excuses I get thrown at over the phone.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 9

@MarkF123 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue

The connections that drop, what are they connections to?

--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 3 of 9

Based on my own experience I'd say the disconnections are occuring because of this:-

https://pbthdm.bt.mo

It certainly seems to be from the log you have posted.

It is doing exactly the same on the Home Hub 5 for me. If you check the times you drop your ip address I would put money on it being at exactly the same time as the remote connection from the above URL.

0 Ratings
MarkF123
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

The link you posted doesn't exist Storm, I don't know any of these things to check or do so your pretty much talking blur to me lol
0 Ratings
MarkF123
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

The're connections to everything in my house, but not everything is connected at the same time, what I would see on my xbox is error codes, psn will have unexpected problems and my PC will just full out disconnect from anything I do, I don't bother connecting my phone to my wifi or anything just mainly 2 laptops a xbox and a ps3 that's it.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@MarkF123 wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue, and everytime I get with the support team all they keep doing is changing channels and what do you know, I have the same **bleep** problem.
Getting very tired of the un-helpful staff though when I got to the tech support they was more helpful and got my ports opened ( even though I had not one single issue with connecting to my xbox, ps3 or PC before untill just before Christmas.

I just want my net fixed and be how it used to be, none of these BS excuses I get thrown at over the phone.

Does the connection drop if you use a direct Ethernet cable, and not wireless?

0 Ratings
Robbo88
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Join the club on 2nd Hub5 and got 5 disconnect in 1 day so your not alone...

0 Ratings
sniper
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I've extended my contract under false promises, HH5 **bleep**, unbelievable for so called latest product, I've ended up going back to my HH3 & Openreach setup, not had one dropout since. But doing that defeated the object of why I wanted the upgrade. No one at BT or on here can provide an answer or solution. False advertising they want reporting to the Office of Fair Trading.

0 Ratings
Storm
Expert
Message 9 of 9

0 Ratings