cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Connection drops when it rains. PLEASE HELP

I have this exact problem. I too have reported it several times and all anyone seems to do is carry out remote checks and tinker with my connection remotely when obviously the issue is related to the physical cabling connecting my house to the pole or cabinet. The one time an engineer visited the weather was fine and he couldn't find any issues. I have seen a reference to similar problems in other forum posts - see here for example -  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Infinity-Connection-Drops-when-it-rains/m-...

Please help. The issue is getting worse, to the point that I can no longer work from home, which I occasionally need to do. I cannot rely on my connection.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

I ran one of the tests suggested in another post and these were the results. Don't know if it will help the mods. It does say something about the FTTC Range B being affected

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange XXXXXXXX is served by Cabinet 29

BT_Results.JPG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

if you have a HH5 can you go to hub manager then trobleshooting then helpdesk and post 1-12

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection  btspeedtester

try quiet line test   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I've ran the suggested tests and these are the results. I don't have a corded phone to run the third test.

When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

1. Product name:

BT Home Hub

2. Serial number:

+068343+NQ43462486

3. Firmware version:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 01/07/15

4. Board version:

BT Hub 5A

5. DSL uptime:

0 days, 09:02:49

6. Data rate:

8491 / 59293

7. Maximum data rate:

24279 / 86272

8. Noise margin:

19.1 / 8.9

9. Line attenuation:

16.9 / 15.6

10. Signal attenuation:

16.8 / 15.6

11. Data sent/received:

60.0 MB / 1.2 GB

12. Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test

testbt.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

you had 9hrs connection time last night is it still connected this morning?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

I don't have a problem normally. In fact the service is great when it's not raining. I'm at work now, but the service was fine this morning, but it wasn't raining.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

finding this type of intermittent fault is very difficult as you cannot get an engineer visit and be sure it is raining at the time of the visit

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I'm sure BT or Openreach have encountered similar issues in the past and have successfully fixed them. Can they not carry out tests based on previous experience. Comments in other threads mention the action taken by engineers to resolve similar issues. Can they not start there?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

you need to try the quiet line test and see if there is any line noise

you would need to phone customer services and get another engineer visit - you need to be insistent - but I think if weather ok and not raining you will get the same result as last engineer visit