cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
concerned23
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Re: Contacting bt

If you say you are going to leave BT, for some reason you do get in contact with someone in the UK!

Generally, trying to contact BT and similar organisations to register a complaint is, I belive, made as difficult as possible to try and stop you from making it.

Last year I was lied to by a BT advisor, who assured me that I would not need fibre optic to watch videos/download etc. I was told yesterday the complete opposite. The 'advisor' also told me that I could complain via email, strangely enough my email bounced back this morning!

I will leave BT asap, as the service on all levels is well below anything I have ever experienced, continual fobbing off, for the last two years my internet has probably only worked properly about 15% of the time.Continually have to restart hub, pc etc. I also have had to chase up a small refund, after being promised it would be dealt with.

Surprise, surprise, in all my complaints I have been offered fibre optic, oh yeah it is more expensive, plus a connection charge, plus a hub delivery charge, but everything will work.Then again, I was told all would work before and it doesn't.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
DavidM
Message 2 of 6

Hi @concerned23,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience with BT. I've read through your post and I think the main concern is your broadband connection is having problems. If that's the case can you start a thread on the broadband board and post as much detail as possible and we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
concerned23
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

David M - don't worry, I have given up, BT have advised the only way the problem can be resolved (even though after nearly two years it has not been sorted), is for me to take time off work. Last year I did, nothing at fault inside my home, all at the exchange.Supposed to be a service provider, yet do not cover out of hours for people who cannot take time off work due to not enough holidays.Joke service, joke connections, joke company, will be leaving shortly, enough is enough.

0 Ratings
MJ1987
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

To resolve any issues with your services that you consider unsatisfactory you can request an engineering visit to come and investigate by testing your circuit thoroughly at your home/business and then they'll proceed with fixing any issues that are identified, if any are there. Respectfully any issues found upon that visit will be resolved as quickly as possible and then will be retested when the repair works have been eradicated.
Both tests, upon arrival and upon completion will be completed at your master telephone socket whilst you are present.
If it so happens on the day of the requested visit a issue/fault that's found can't be resolved the engineer will explain thoroughly the reasons why and inform you of the works that are needed next. Those works then will be reported and be completed ASAP by the necessary skilled engineers after the job notes/report are received. Customers will/should always be informed regarding their circuit and any ongoing works associated.
0 Ratings
concerned23
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Kolkata Case Management/BT internal comms.

A question, I received a letter from someone at BT customer care, asking if still unhappy to contact the above team via an email address. I have done, three times now, (latest today), and have had no response, do these people exist?

Also does anyone know why BT, who I understand are a communications organisation, do not have a system in place so the call centres in India or thereabouts and other parts of BT, are not up to speed with the current status/details of individual accounts. I cancelled taking out fibre broadband, within a couple of hours, after deciding against it, yet still received texts/emails  telling me the hub and new connection were on the way! Luckily the hub never arrived, however someone decided to change my connection over at the exchange which meant from Wednesday until just now I have been without internet. On Wednesday when I phoned to report a fault, was advised it was because the switch over was happening, (despite it having been cancelled, as confirmed by BT's sales team!).Also the engineer today advised me he had been sent out to repair a fault on a fibre connection,despite the fact I had never had one.The engineer did advise me to contact BT to confirm I was not being charged for fibre connection, but to be honest, I have no confidence in anyone at this organisation. I did check my account and apparently I have a new order in progress, not sure who placed this order but it was not me? The seemingly never ending saga continues...

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 6

Re: Kolkata Case Management/BT internal comms.

Hi @concerned23,

I think it would be best if you came through to us so we can take over this for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. 

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings