Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm also having a problem getting the openreach database changed - a while back all houses on our road were given numbers instead of all just having names. Took ages/many calls being sent to different customer services to find someone at BT who even knew what the 'installation address' was and was then told it probably couldn't be changed but someone would get in touch. No one has. 

I'm assuming that the 'installation address' is the openreach address...

Would be grateful if someone could help.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Go to solution

do BT accounts have the correct address for billing purposes?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Yes I believe the Billing Address has been changed correctly - I was told the "installation address" needs to be changed but it could probably not be done and if it could it would be by an "offline" team who would get back to me. I was told that the details had been sent to the offline team but I couldn't contact them myself - no one has ever got back to me, and this was weeks ago. This was after many hours on the phone and being sent to a variety of different customer service people. I'd rather not repeat this if someone is able to help here!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@sjf366 Thanks for posting. I've started your own thread to avoid confusion with the original posters issue as that has been marked solved. 

I'm sorry helpdesk hasn't got back to you, the installation address can be updated and we have a process to in place with Openreach to get mistakes or updates added to their database. 

Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for your help.

I have done as requested and sent details via contact the mods link.

Ref is Edited by mod

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Please for your security delete the ref number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Please edit out the ref number as it is personal to you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @sjf366 Openreach had already updated the records at their end and we have now updated our records as well. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi,

Excellent - really appreciate your help getting the address changed.

Sorry for posting the ref, only just seen your messages as have been away. I see you have edited it out. Thanks for that.

Regards,

Simon.

0 Ratings