Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Re: Correcting incorrect home address in Openreach database

Go to solution

I have lived in this house since 1974 and had a BT phone line all that time, the correct Post Code ends 3HS. Suddenly some years ago some of my BT post, not all,  started being sent to another local address with the Post Code ending 3EH, this also happend with other companies so I assumed a fault on some Post Code data.  I have phoned BT on a number of occasions to get this sorted and am always told it has been but it constantly reoccurs especially with advertising from BT. Naturally this annoys my neighbour as much as it does me. Now I have ordered a new BT Hub 6 and noticed on the E Mail advising me that it has been sent that this is going to be delivered to the wrong address too.  PLEASE SOMEONE at BT, GET THIS SORTED.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @BobHob,

I'll be able to get the address details corrected. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi I've got the same problem and have done for the last 3 years. I am trying to get fibre broadband with another provider but they can not process it as the line is not showing at my postcode. BT Retail have fobbed them off even though OpenReach have informed them that it is a simple database change via the ORDI system.

Any chance of a mod helping out please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@Paz0274

This is a BT Retail Forum, and has nothing to do with Openreach. BT Retail do not maintain the database.

You need to contact your chosen provider, and if they want your custom, they can contact Openreach and get the database updated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply but I am a current BT Retail customer, thanks and Openreach will not update the system when asked by the provider.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
then my suggestion is try another provider they obviously do not want your business
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
I have actually sorted this myself by going through live chat and then being connected to the UK BT Retail Centre. Hopefully all sorted.
0 Ratings