Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tacitblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Re Creating a deleted sub account

Hi

I accidentally deleted an email sub account by mistake. I contacted tech support; they told me how to create sub account and when it failed told me someone had it!!! Do’h – really?  Via there and the web, I find that it cannot be recreated and I have to wait 90 days for it to return to the general basket of addresses and then recreate it.

The 90 days was up a few days ago, and still I cannot recreate it.  I contacted tech support and they did as I stated above. Not sure he and then she even listened.

Does anyone know if the 90 days is correct or how to go about sorting this out? I know that BT cannot recreate it as they used to do in the past, but it would appear that it is lost. I have checked and it’s still in the “limbo” phase of it can accept emails but you cannot get them and you cannot recreate the account.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks  Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Re Creating a deleted sub account

Try Live Chat

If you still cannot get it resolved, then please return here.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 22

I think it's actually 110 days.

This is often confused with the 90 days where an email is deleted if it's not used AFTER you've left BT total broadband (as you get to keep the email account).
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Tacitblue
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Hi

Thanks guys. The online guy told me it was allocated to someone else!!!!!! and ended with "i am sorry on behalf of my friend"

Smiley Frustrated  He never got the point....

Whoooooever.................. I will assume its 110 days and try then.

I will report back my findings.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 22

@Webby wrote:

This is often confused with the 90 days where an email is deleted if it's not used AFTER you've left BT total broadband (as you get to keep the email account).

Hi.

Can you say where you got 110 days from ?

Over the years I've been doing this (and actually testing and proving) it has always been 90 days, or possibly 3 calendar months. I've not done it for a couple of years, and certainly not confused with any other 90 day system.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 22

@Tacitblue wrote:

Hi

Thanks guys. The online guy told me it was allocated to someone else!!!!!! and ended with "i am sorry on behalf of my friend"

Smiley Frustrated  He never got the point....

Whoooooever.................. I will assume its 110 days and try then.

I will report back my findings.

Thanks.

Hi.

This is the problem of a sub account deletion. It becomes available again for use by anyone after the limbo period has finished. So unless you added it as soon as you could after this period has elapsed, then someone else may pick it up.

You could always try emailing it and see if you do get any reply. If you do, then it has a new owner.

If it's not 90 days, but a bit longer, try adding at least once a day to check.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

@Andy_N wrote:

@Webby wrote:

Hi.

Can you say where you got 110 days from ?

Over the years I've been doing this (and actually testing and proving) it has always been 90 days, or possibly 3 calendar months. I've not done it for a couple of years, and certainly not confused with any other 90 day system.

Without breaking forums rules, no I can't 😉

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

Webby, you could always PM Andy, you may possibly find you have something in common, unless my memory is playing tricks on me, which it does.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

Haha! I will do mate
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

@Webby wrote:
Haha! I will do mate

If I am wrong, then please tell Andy I am sorry for the confusion. Perhaps you will PM me and confirm it, Thanks Smiley Wink

0 Ratings