cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Re: DDNS

Go to solution

Th epull down box is empty- meant to have DDNS service names pre-filled?Th epull down box is empty- meant to have DDNS service names pre-filled?Hi All, I Received my Infinity kit on tuesday. Link is fine but issue setting up DDNS. Has anyone a similar problem? .

I am going in GUI circles getting errors. Using both I.E. and Chrome on HH five Broadband>Advanced>Dynamic DNS page - this has a "service " pull down box - but nothing in it and nothing can be entered here..

When I enter all the other details for the dynamic DNS service I have  (username, password, host) and click "apply" - I get an error response from home hub five saying "Please select a DNS service". Seems impossible to get the GUI to work. SW version is v0.07.03.0814-BT. Chat line claim the HH5 is faulty and replacement is due - looks like a sw glitch to me..

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

New HH5 User inteface screen issues

Go to solution

Hi All.

My new HH5 doesn't fill in fields in the graphical User Interface, it seems.

This screen shot below is typical of several GUI screens : note the absence of the top row headline filled in, nor any service data line line state / connection time loaded. There is no back button either - the browser back has to be used, which seems a bit remiss..

Can any one confirm if this is how their HH5 appears?  I am not sure if there is an issue with the HH5 I have..

This may also be linked to the issue I have with the DDNS set up page, in that the DDNS service pull down is not being populated..

HH5_LineStatus.JPG  

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Re: New HH5 User inteface screen issues

Go to solution

You don't use something like AdBlock Plus do you?

Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: New HH5 User inteface screen issues

Go to solution

Tim- genius! now sorted. 

Kaspersky "Anti-banner" was the culprit. Having switched this off I can see all the fields filled in with data. It is strange how some of the UI pages were complete whilst others remained incompleted.  AntiBanner is something for the BT / helpdesk people to be aware of - as a result of the lengthy chat session I had yesterday, the final diagnosis was a faulty HH5 box, so a replacement is on its way. Maybe a BT person is able to take this result on board.. ?

This is a further issue for me and Kaspersky, my Chromecast device will not attach to Chrome unless Kasperksy's TLS traffic checker is turned off. The packet policemen are just too zealous!

However I still can't get the DDNS to work, but at least I am one stage further on. Many thanks!

0 Ratings