cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Re: DNS problems

I am having the same problem, but I am on a mac and using Safari, does this now mean that I can no more use Safari while I am in a BT contract. My contract is now up with BT and do not wish to renew if this is the case.

I prefer safari than the other Chrome etc, and I am surprised that this issue has appeared out of the blue, can someone please advise me how to get safari working again with BT.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

i have the same on safari with correct DNS setting and no BT protect / safety features activated so i have followed all instructions and still get this message every time i open a tab..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I am another one seeing this problem, but only today. I have both Parental Controls and Web Protect turned off and am deliberately using non BT dns servers. WHat has changed and since when was our freedom restricted? Or is this some transient  problem?

That said, I do seem to be able to reach my choosen dns servers again (dns.watch and opendns) without interception as I write. So what is happening?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I had to switch over to BT DNS servers to temporarily get my connection back working, anyway I can get OpenDNS servers working again, not really impressed with BT >o(

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

That is not true i have had this problem on chrome, safari and on my anadroid phone. None of the BT solutions work it is annoying and frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

it is not solved, the problem is much more widespread than firefox

0 Ratings