cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capt_Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Re: Devices unable to obtain IP address (BT HomeHub 5)

I apologise for posing the question again, but I suddenly find that I cannot connect my ipad to my Home Hub 5 and Apple advise me that its a BT problem and not an Apple problem.  This is what has happened:

Last night, it started to connect very slowly and at times would not connect at all.

Actions taken so far include re-booting the router and a full wipe and factory reset of the iPad.

All other wifi devices in the home connect via wifi I.e. iPhone, wife’s iPad and iPhone and the Hive controller.

Also my iPad connects satisfactorily to other WiFi networks such as at my local coffee shop

But, when trying to connect at home, my ipad shows a tick against the netwwork but does not connect and going to Settings, WiFi, a tick is displayed against my network, BUT if I then click on the “i”, the IP Address, Subnet Router etc are all blank.

Can anyone help a 71 year old without access to a 14 year old please?!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

0 Ratings
Capt_Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Tried the reset button but no change there

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You could try splitting them.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Capt_Mike
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thought I'd solved then problem by re-booting the router, which then cured the ipad WiFi problem and allowed it to connect to my network.  However, I then re-connected my Apple TV and that has knocked off the ipad again.  So there would appear to be some conflict between the ipad and Apple TV.  However, I need Apple TV to follow the Ryder Cup so will leave things as they are until Monday and then turn off Apple TV and re-boot the router again.

0 Ratings