cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 33

Re: Drastic Download/Upload Speed Drop

Go to solution

Hopefully that's everything you need.. let me know if there is anything else..
Thank you!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 33

Go to solution

will do

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 33

Go to solution
yes that is ok you would be better off moving to infinity as you are a long way from your echange and your present services are very slow
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 33

Go to solution
Agreed, with Infinity 1 you'd connect at the full rate of 55meg down and 10meg up.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 33

Go to solution

Your answers do not explain why the huge drop in signal.. I have lived here using bt for 7 years.. I upload to youtube regularly.. what used to take 2 - 4 hours now takes about 46 hours!.. everything has slowed down big time over the last few weeks.. my internet experience is now a nightmare.. before it was fine.. It doesn't make sense?

I will also post the further diagnostics

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 33

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2017-02-20 at 16.35.19.png

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 33

Go to solution

I have done this test many times now over the lasr few days and that is best upload speed I have seen.. results do seem to change every time.. most times the upload speed says zero

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 33

Go to solution
most likely line noise affecting your upload frequencies your upload speed on infinity will be anything up to 20Mbps which will improve the time you upload to youtube
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 33

Go to solution

I am currently trying to upload a 30 second video taken with a low quality mobile phone to facebook.. at the current rate it is going to take about 8 hours.. Its the kind of video that usually in my experience of being with BT for the last 7 years would take about 15 to 30 minutes absolute max.

I have spent hours and hours talking to BT on the phone and on chat and also posted these pleas for help here about this issue. I find it extraordinary that all I get from all these attempts to resolve this problem is “There is nothing wrong with your service you need to upgrade to Infinity.”

There MUST BE AN EXPLANATION for why the broadband I am getting RADICALLY changed about a month ago after being very good for 7 years. Now it is simply appalling. There is nothing wrong with my computer which is an imac that works very well and is very fast at all offline tasks. I ran through a whole bunch of tests on the phone with BT and replaced all cables etc all to no avail.

I am tempted to think that BT have purposely caused this as I see many others having similar problems with the intention of forcing their customers to upgrade to Infinity. I see on line forums and on facebook that there a lot of people out there who are very angry at BT.. add me to the list.

Whatever the case I am disgusted with the way I have been treated and I have no intention of upgrading to Infinity which apparently is very expensive and BT are the only provider that charge an activation fee (£50) and a £10 delivery charge.
I am going to leave BT and use another provider.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 33

Go to solution

The video I was uploading has failed as most do now when i try to upload to FB I get this message:
"Your browser appears to be offline. Please check your Internet connection and try again"
The signal is so bad the uploader thinks it is offline and that's acceptable according to BT.

No that's a joke!

0 Ratings