cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Re: Dreadful problems with the new BT Mail since moving from BT Yahoo

When I log in to my e-mails via the bt.com website, the e-mail browser looks different but is still branded BT Yahoo! Mail.  It is very slow and unresponsive.  I cannot move any e-mails from my inbox to my folders: each time I try I get an "Error 999" message.  I also cannot access any of my folders.  When trying to compose an e-mail, there appears to be no longer any way to add an attachment!

When i try to access my e-mails through the App on Android.  My Inbox appears to be empty and lots of my e-mails in folders are missing.

Has nobody at BT ever heard of Beta Testing before they inflict these "upgrades" on the poor unsuspecting customer?

As usual, BT is treating its customers with utter comtempt.  There has been no notice of this change and, as far as I can see, no official acknowledgement or other information provided to affected users about this problem and how long it will continue.  This is only the latest in a long line of screw ups over the past fourteen months relating to the migration of e-mails from BT Yahoo to BT.  

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

DanielJoseph

Are you sure your email account has been migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail and that you are not just suffering from the problems that Yahoo has been suffering over the past few days?

If you use this link it will tell you what service you are on.

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=EmailChecker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Hi, Thanks, you're right, I'm still on BT Yahoo mail, so I guess I've still got more misery to come from BT. I was confused by the changed appearance of the mail web browser. It it just a coincidence that this arrives at the same time the system fails? Not sure I believe the stuff about undersea cables! What really ticks me off with BT is the lack of any official acknowledgement of the problem and information as to when it might be fixed. When I asked the forum moderator about this, she referred me to a five day old comment from one of her colleagues. This is just not good enough. Regards, Daniel
0 Ratings