cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Re: Dropping Broadband Connection

I write this email in the vain hope that someone can suggest another avenue I can try to resolve my long standing issue of my bband connection dropping whenever a call comes in or a call is made out using a BT line & Plusnet bband. 

I have followed Plusnet's suggestions:

• Changed the bband channel
  • Changed the filter
  • Changed the phone handset

I have followed this forum's suggestions:

• Changed/upgraded the router (from that supplied by Plusnet)
  • Changed & upgraded all the cabling
  • Tested the connection using the test socket beneath the BT bottom faceplate (the bband connection dropped with both incoming & outgoing test calls)

I then called 151 hoping for some real help from BT and have reached another brickwall.

The guy said my phone line was fine, must be the ISP's problem as the phone line works fine without the router witched on. I calmly explained all the tests, replacements  I have made. Did I want an engineer to visit he asks then reads a statement that if no fault found with line at my home I would be charged £99 and as my phone line works perfectly with the router this would surely be the case.

I asked if I paid more than double the cost of my Plusnet & bought BT bband would BT be more interested in resolving the issue? Oh yes was the reply.....

Plusnet is the sister company to BT and part of BT Group, I would have thought a more holistic approach to this problem would resolve this issue.

Please can anyone suggest something that does not involve me paying for a BT engineer to tell me my phone line is working perfectly.....provided I do not want bband at the same time?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

you need to report a phone fault to 151 and that you have a high resistence problem which is causing your broadband to disconnect everytime you make/receive a phone call

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Hi Imjolly

Many thanks for your reply. I will call 151 as you suggest & report back to the forum.

0 Ratings