Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

Re: Email Login Issue

Pulling my hair out!!

Been with BT forever.

Use outlook express.

First noiticed problem from laptop. Now main home machine has same problem. Less than 24 hours later  my mobile is not recognising password as well!!! Only mail I have now is via yahoo

Wants going on???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

@BaronUK wrote:

Pulling my hair out!!

Been with BT forever.

Use outlook express.

First noiticed problem from laptop. Now main home machine has same problem. Less than 24 hours later  my mobile is not recognising password as well!!! Only mail I have now is via yahoo

Wants going on???

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Is this for one BTinternet email address or multiple ones ?

When you say only mail is via Yahoo, do you mean access using a browser via webmail ?

It might be a fleeting error which may last a few days, but unfortunately there are a lot of people reporting similar issues. However it's not clear whether they all still having problems or it has fixed itself.

Have a look at my shortcuts (link below) options 0d/h to see if that change can help - if you need some extra help in altering the settings in OE, pop back.

If it is only receiving emails causing a problem, then another incoming mail server that might work is :-

pop899.mail.ukl.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I have been using pop899.mail.ukl.yahoo.com for some time now as it seems to deal better with the multiuple device issue.  Yesterday it ceased to work on my machine and on my wife's with her address.  The geniuses on live chat, told me that th problem must be that my broadband was down [how was I chatting with India?] and then that I should take my computer to a shop for repair as they do not support applications.  Have they withdrawn access to this server - Feb 13th 2012?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

correction to my post - this is 13 Feb 2013

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

This is a common problem with BT Yahoo when using an email client like Outlook Express. When you log in to your BT Yahoo! webmail it sometimes puts it right straight away. If this doesn’t work then it usually sorts itself out in a couple of days.There does not seem to be a fix for it and messing about with your computer and settings does not help. The fault is not at your end.

Neither BT or Yahoo will take responsibility for this problem.There are numerous threads on this forum about it.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I am now having the 'enter network  password'  nonsense again.  Is this particular to BT Yahoo? or would I get it with any provider?  The combination of these technical difficulties and lousy support is really getting me down.

S

0 Ratings