cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMScot
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Re: Email issues - despair!

Just had a complete nightmare trying to sign into my @btinternet.com email account. After attempts failed, lockout, reset password twice, lockout again I managed to login via Yahoo email services. On checking everything out I went to my Profile page and found that personal details had been altered i.e name changed to a Mr Array ' I reset the details and updated relevant information. As I have zero confidence in anything BT does these days my question is.

I have an online account with paperless billing. An email is sent telling me when a bill is ready to be viewed etc. The email address used was my @btinternet.com.  I have changed my email address on my online account to @Live.com.  Can anyone tell me if changing to a non-BT email will be beyond BT competence in sending relevant emails accordingly. The thought of contacting BT makes me feel ill so any advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
JohnC2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Email issues - despair!

Hi @KMScot Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your BT internet email address. You do not have to use your BT email address for your online account. As long as you have claimed the account holder status for the live.com email address you will get your relevant emails except the broadband usage email alerts, if you are on a limited package, as these will go to the BT internet email address.

Cheers

John