Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 27

Re: Email

So, would you expect to be able to call out the AA long after you had stopped membership?

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 27

Yes and they could charge me for it. Rather than saying sorry, we can turn up and set your car on fire.

Why did BT offer email account to non members in the first place? Don't they make money off advertising etc.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 27

The AA would expect you to become a member again before turning out and BT would expect you to become a BT Broadband customer again if you want to retain your legacy email. 

As regards the second part of your post you should email the CEO of BT and ask him.

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 27

I have not been told if I pay I can get my emails.... They decided not to try and blackmail me, and just go straight to deleting the email account permanently.

Obviously, I would rather communicate with smoke signals that sign up to BT again now. Everyone I know thinks it's disgusting behaviour.

What is the CEOs emails address?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 15 of 27

Re: Deleted Email Account (Talk21)

Hi @Jkseddon and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry your email account has been deleted. @Keith_Beddoe is correct. Once you cancel your services you'll receive an email advising that if you wish to keep your current email address you need to sign up to premium mail. As you haven't done so the account will have been deleted and it's unlikely it will be possible to reactivate it again. How long ago was the account deleted?

Cheers

David

Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 27

About 2weeks now.
I have never been a BT customer. In the 90s when I signed up to the email account, it was free. Yes a free email service Keith my old China, no strings attached.

All I want to do is get the account temporarily deactivated to retrieve the emails and contact (over 20years of contacts), then BT can delete the account (again).
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 27

Thanks for getting back @Jkseddon.

I can't make any promises but I'll take a look at this and see if there is anything that can be done. If that suits drop me over an email with the details. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 27

And..... I have tried the message the CEO with:

BT used to offer free email accounts. I signed up in the 90s to the Talk21 account.

Last week BT deleted this account saying I hadn’t used the account in 90 days (total fabrication), then they sighted an email in 2013 requesting I sign up to Premium Mail of risk losing everything. Obviously, sounded like an email from Nigeria than a huge company like BT.

Now I have been told the account and data is gone and can’t be retrieved as I am not a BT customer.

Is this correct behaviour?
0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 19 of 27

Hi @Jkseddon,

I've replied to your message.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Jkseddon
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 27

Can you please forward me the genetic email you sent out to everyone in 2013, plus a copy of the original terms and conditions to the Talk21 email account. (Plus and updated terms and conditions and proof of acceptance).

0 Ratings